Chapter 54

Zayn's POV

By the time Louis finishes his bottle, he's looking half asleep again. I'm not sure if I should let him fall asleep or not, because it's like 7 pm. I have no idea if he will sleep through the night if he naps now or if napping now would make the night impossible.

Before I can make any kind of decision, an odd noise comes from Louis and he jerks fully awake, a startled look on his face.

"What was that, bug?" He just stares up at me from his reclined position in my lap, eyes wide and confused. "Would you like your dummy, Lou?" I ask, holding the small object in front of him, and he smiles.

"Dum!" Well, that's a yes. I slip it in Louis' mouth and he smiles, humming happily behind the rubber and nuzzling his cheek into my arm a bit.

Just then, he makes the same noise again, and this time I recognize it as a burp. The instant it leaves his mouth, his face changes from happy to what can best be described as concerned.

"Hey, you're okay, it's just a burp. You burp all the time, Louis. Maybe you just drank your bottle a bit too fast, yeah?" He stares at me, eyes filling with tears. I'm not entirely sure why he's so upset, unless he just scared himself. "Shh, don't cry, bug. You're alright. It's just a little gas in your tummy." I shift so Louis is no longer lying back, instead sitting upright and leaning against my shoulder a bit. "Shh, shh, Lou. Don't cry." I don't know what I'd do if he started crying right now. I rub his back a little, trying to keep him calm.

Suddenly he burps again, and this time does start crying. What the hell am I supposed to do? I don't know how to deal with this. Comfort, Zayn. Take care of him, make him happy. What will soothe him? Cuddles. We will start with cuddles. I pull him closer so his body is flush with mine, holding him tight and rocking a bit in hopes of calming him down as one hand rubs his back gently. He cuddles up to me, his cries slow to whimpers, and I think I'm in the clear...until he burps once more, and I feel a warm liquid on my shoulder.

Oh, shit. What just happened?!

I push Louis off of me a bit so he's leaning more on the couch, and turn my head to see a white goop on my shoulder. Gross, gross, gross. I think Louis just spit up on me. That's absolutely disgusting. I did not see that coming at all. Why? Why me?

But I don't really mind taking care of him, even with all the gross and confusing parts, and it's not his fault. It's mine, I'm remembering now that you're supposed to burp babies after they have a bottle. I just didn't think of that until know. But still, I wouldn't expect that to happen with my 25-year-old friend! And, shit, Louis' crying again, and I don't know what to do because there is spit up on me and on him and I want it off!

I carry him upstairs to my room and set him on the bed, then open my drawer to find clean shirts for both of us. He of course doesn't have any of his own clothes as this visit wasn't exactly planned. The minute I turn away, Louis starts wailing.

"Baba!" he cries, and I'm confused. I just fed him his bottle, and then he spit it up. Is that the problem? Is he upset because the bottle didn't go well? (A/N No Zayn, that's not what's going on. Catch on, would you?) I quickly grab a couple shirts and change myself, letting him cry as I don't think it would go any better if I tried to pull away later. Once I'm clean and my shirt is in the laundry hamper, I go back to the bed and sit next to Louis.

"Hey, bug, it's alright. I'm here, and we're going to get that yucky shirt off you, alright?" I start trying to wrestle him out of his soiled shirt, but it's hard. He's much stronger than a baby would be, so every time he tries to grab me or even just moves his arms, I can't really resist and it slows the whole process down. Eventually I get the clean shirt on him. It hangs a bit loose, it's big on me, so of course it's big on Louis too. I pull him onto my lap and cuddle him close, hoping he will calm down and stop crying.

"Baba," he whimpers into my shoulder, gripping onto me, and suddenly it clicks. (A/N Finally, Zayn. Finally you understand.)

Baba has nothing to with bottles. Baba is me. He's named me Baba.

I don't know what to think, I don't know what to do with this information, I don't know how to feel. How am I supposed to feel? Should I be flattered? Concerned? Disgusted? Well, not disgusted. The whole ageplay thing is a bit odd, but it's nowhere close to disgusting. I suppose that leaves me with flattered and concerned. Like, it's kinda cool that he just automatically gave me a name, and one that is very paternal at that, but I'm a bit worried because by the ease of it too. I feel like it's not good that he slipped so fast and so hard that he came up with a name for me even though I've hardly even talked to him in the past year and a half. He told me it took a while to get used to calling the other three Daddy and Papa and whatever, so calling me Baba so easily is just...yeah. Probably not that much of a good thing. But that's not the most important thing right now. Louis is.

I hug him tighter, whispering, "I'm here, bug. Baba's here."

I'm so sorry this took way too long and it's super short. I was having trouble starting it, and then I wrote it and got to this point and decided I wanted to end it there because, well...

Zayn is Baba! Some of you saw that coming...Zayn didn't :) 

Anyhow...was it cute?

Thank you all for supporting this story! I never imagined I would write this much, or that people would actually read it!