Chapter 40

Louis' POV

I wake up to the sun shining brightly into my room. I'm definitely not in headspace, and, rolling over, I discover that I'm alone in my room and that my nappy is dry. That's good, I was myself when I fell asleep, and I didn't wake up to a nightmare, so I would have been pretty ticked if I was wet. I don't really want to call out for someone to come get me, I'm more aware than I have been in days, so it would be nice to have some alone time, to think and just to be by myself.

I roll over, sprawling across the bed, and close my eyes, enjoying the sun warming my face.

I guess I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I know, someone is nudging my shoulder.

"Louis, wake up. You've slept in long enough." I open my eyes to see Harry standing next to the bed.

"Morning Ha-Papa." The instant I remember to call him 'Papa,' my mood drops.

"No need for that this morning, Lou. Today, or this morning at least, I'm Harry. We decided it would be good for you to be out of headspace for a while." What?! Seriously? This is awesome! "I didn't want to wake you, but Liam thought you should actually get to enjoy your day instead of sleeping away your freedom." I'm so much happier now. I can actually walk around and feed myself, and...

"Does this mean I can take the nappy off?"

"Sure, mate. Do you want help, or...?"

"I'm fine." I don't need to be made that vulnerable right now. I can take it off myself, and this silly onesie. "Can I get dressed now?"

"Oh, right, of course. I'll leave you to it. There might be some leftovers of our breakfast...unless Niall ate it all. We had a proper fry-up this morning, there was lots, so you should be able to have some."

After Harry leaves, I get myself into some proper clothes, putting jeans on for the first time in ages. Don't get me wrong, sweats and trackies are comfortable, but after almost a week of nothing but that, I am kind of craving something that doesn't make me feel like I'm going to spend the entire day on the couch. I head out to the kitchen, making myself a coffee (something else I haven't had in too long), and finding leftovers in the fridge, just like Harry said. As I'm eating at the breakfast bar, Liam comes in.

"Morning, Lou! How are you? Sleep enough?" He chuckles.

"I'm good, thanks Liam. Enjoying my coffee," I say with a grin and a gesture toward the cup of hot liquid.

He laughs. "Guess it's been a few days, huh? Well, I've got something else for you!" And he slides my phone across the table. Huh, I'd kind of forgotten about that. "Thought you might want to get in contact with a couple people, and you might have stuff from your management that's important."

"Thanks. Should probably talk to my family, make sure they're doing okay."

Liam leaves, and after I finish my breakfast and take care of the dishes, I settle myself on the couch to catch up on everything I've missed from the outside world, starting by scrolling through Instagram and Twitter.

"Hey, Lou, I'm heading out for a bit. Be back this evening." Harry says, coming through the living room with a coat on.

"Where's everyone else?" I haven't seen Niall at all today.

"Niall went to do groceries or something I think. Liam's in your gym. He thought that would be okay."

"Yeah, of course."

"Will you be alright alone for a bit? You can always call one of us if you need us..."

"I'm fine, Haz. Just go. Liam's still in the house if I need anything."