Chapter 52

Zayn's POV

Finally, we pull into the driveway, and Louis looks half asleep, head lolled against the window.

"Lou. We're here. C'mon, let's get inside." He barely reacts. "Wake up, bud." I find myself using nicknames that would normally feel weird, given he used to be one of my best mates, and now we've hardly seen each other in a year or two. But he just looks so young and vulnerable, and I guess in a way maybe he is. "Lou, wake up." I shake his shoulder a bit, and he snaps out of his daydream, looking at me slightly confused. "Time to go inside." I hop out of the car, rushing over to his side and opening the door. He holds his arms out, and I look at him, confused.

"Up."

Oh. Oh...He wants me to pick him up. I hadn't expected that. I guess he's feeling pretty much in his headspace now...I'm not entirely sure how this ageplay thing works, but I know that normal Louis wouldn't ask me to carry him. I don't know if I can... but looking at him, he seems almost dangerously thin, despite what he told me about Liam insisting he eats a lot. Maybe he's not been eating as much since coming to LA...or he has gained weight, but he would have had to be unbelievably skinny...that's not a pleasant thought. I recall him saying that Niall could lift him, so I guess he must be light enough. Niall isn't the strongest, and he's about the same height as Louis; I like to think I'm decently strong, and I've got about an inch on Louis, so hopefully this works.

I get interrupted from my inner monologue by a whimper from the boy still seated in my car with his arms reaching for me.

"Sorry, Louis. I'm coming." I reach down to lift him, which isn't too difficult, and he immediately wraps his arms around my neck, resting his head on my shoulder. "Are you sleepy?" He hums in response. "Okay. You can take a nap soon, but I think maybe we should get a nappy on you first?" He hums again. "Wake up, Lou. I don't want you to fall asleep yet. The stuff will be here soon and we can get you settled, yeah?" He lifts his head, nodding. "Good. Can you tell me how old you are feeling?" I know his headspace with the other lads was around 2, but I'm not sure if he will be the same now.

He just looks at me with a bewildered expression and shrugs. Great. I have no idea what I'm working with. I guess we hope the nappies arrive soon so he can nap. I'm afraid if I let him nap first he would wet the bed, because he's definitely feeling little. "Milk, please?" Okay, that I can do.

Once inside the house, I set him on the kitchen counter, pulling out milk and a water bottle. "Sorry Lou, I don't have an Adidas bottle, it's Nike." I chuckle, hoping to get a reaction out of him. I fill the water bottle, but just as I'm about to give it to him, the doorbell rings. I pull Louis off the counter, not sure of his balance, and leave him standing on the kitchen floor as I collect the items. Arriving back in the kitchen, I find Louis sitting on the floor, half asleep against the cupboard.

"Hey, gotta stay awake for a couple more minutes." I hoist him to his feet, then put the bag of supplies and bottle of milk in one hand, wrapping the other around Louis. "Let's get upstairs, and we can get a nappy on ya, and then you can sleep." He stumbles along, having considerable difficulty with the stairs, but somehow, we make it up to my spare bedroom. I spread a towel on the floor of the attached bathroom and ask him to lay down. I was going to have him put the nappy on himself, but I think he's a little too out of it right now, so I'm going to have to try myself. It's going to be weird, but he seems to have no issue with it, immediately laying back on the towel and lifting his legs, one hand shoving blindly at the waist of his pants.

Okay. I can do this.

Who am I kidding, this is going to be awkward as hell! I pull a nappy out of the package, then turn back to Louis. He's managed to get his pants halfway down his thighs, but it looks like he gave up when they weren't in reach anymore. I laugh a little inwardly before pulling them down all the way. Next, boxers. I'm really not prepared for this, but the faster I do it, the sooner it's over. I hook my fingers under the waistband and pull them down and off, discarding them and immediately grabbing the nappy, keeping my eyes away from his parts. I start sliding it up under him, and he seemingly instinctively lifts his legs, folding almost in half, which makes it easy to slip it under his butt. Once it's in place, he lowers his legs, and I fumble with the tabs briefly before sticking them on. Phew! That's done.

"Good job, buddy. Let's get you to sleep now, yeah?" He reaches up for me, and I pull him to his feet, but he keeps a firm hold on me. "You want me to carry you, huh?" I lift him into my arms again, paying attention this time to how light he actually is. It doesn't feel healthy. Grabbing the bottle of milk from where I left it by the sink, I bring Louis out into the bedroom and sit him down on the bed, handing the milk to him. "Want milk before you sleep?"

He nods, so I pass him the bottle. He brings it to his lips, but rejects it after one taste, handing it back to me.

"S'col."

"Cold?" He nods again. Huh. Does he want it warm? I vaguely recall that babies' bottles need to be warm...maybe that's what Louis needs? Okay...do I take him down with me to warm it up? I don't really want to leave him alone like this.

"Sleep." He says, laying down.

"Okay, Lou. Next time I promise your milk will be warm." I tuck him in, then say, half under my breath, "Maybe I should ask Liam what else I need to know..."

"NO!"

"What?" I don't know where that sudden refusal came from. What was he even refusing?

"No...uh, talk Daddy." Wow, his vocabulary and speech is seriously...different. "No tell."

"Okay. I won't talk to your Daddy just yet, Louis. Let's just get you to sleep." I tuck the covers around him, smoothing his hair gently. "Have a good nap, Lou."

He doesn't respond, already half asleep. Oh boy, this is going to be quite an adventure. I head back downstairs, wondering why he was so insistent on me not talking to Liam. I'm really not sure, but the instant I get stuck, I'm going to call Liam. I don't know how to deal with a Louis-baby. I pick up Louis' phone from where he seems to have dropped it on the floor, and unlock it using the telltale fingerprint smudge marks on the screen to guess his passcode, which is simply his birth year. It might be an invasion of his privacy, but it might help me figure out what I need to do. I open his messages, scrolling through the contacts while trying not to read anything in an attempt to at least somewhat respect his privacy. Managers, Steve Aoki, Lottie, Liam, me, Niall, Harry, his other sisters...pretty much what I expected. What do I need to know? Oh. Shit, does he have anything he needs to do tonight? Or tomorrow? I don't know how long he's going to be like this...

I decide to call Steve. It might be a bit weird, but I need to know what his schedule is like, and maybe I can warn him...not telling him the truth obviously, but maybe tell him Louis is unwell or something.

"Louis, my man! How are ya?"

"Uh, this is actually Zayn."

"Zayn. Oh, hello." He sounds confused. I mean, I guess it would be confusing. I don't know if he saw that it was me who picked Louis up from the radio station. "Is everything alright? Why are you calling?"

"I'm just wondering if you know what the next thing Louis has to do is."

"Yeah, we've got an interview in the morning. I was going to pick him up so we could ride together for the day. Something wrong?"

"Louis' not feeling great. He's sleeping at my place now. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything this evening."

"No, nothing tonight. I could tell something was off when he left this afternoon. Is he okay?"

"I hope so. Might just be stress." I honestly don't know if he's okay. I don't know what to say. "I'm not sure how he'll be in the morning..."

"Let me know. If he's not feeling well we can try to reschedule."

After hanging up with Steve, I set about finding some supper for myself while I wait for Louis to wake up. I have no clue how to deal with this, but I guess I'll take it as it comes.

Not a ton of plot here...but I think it was cute...was it?

What's going to happen when Louis wakes up?