Chapter 10

I've lived alone for ages, but suddenly I'm so lonely I can't even eat.

Danielle's POV

My phone is ringing, and I notice it's Louis, so I pick up cheerfully "Hey babe, what's up?"

"Hi Dani. I just-I'm sorry. I was pretty rude yesterday." He sounds upset. He hates admitting he's wrong.

"Oh, Lou, it's okay love. I know you weren't feeling good and with everything going on , I'm sure you were overwhelmed. I should have been more flexible." He was kind of rude, but I really don't blame him, I was probably being a little overbearing and stubborn, and as much as he won't admit it, Louis can be pretty needy.

"Thanks Danielle. Um...I was wondering...if you're not too busy...can I come over tonight? I'm lonely" His voice is hesitant, but it's a sign of my cuddly Boobear coming through, and I'm glad he's willing to say what he wants, especially after yesterday.

"Of course Louis! You know you're welcome anytime."

Louis arrives, and we go straight to my bed, where we cuddle watching a movie before falling asleep. It's a simple night, but I think it's exactly what we need right now.

I wake up in the middle of the night to Louis thrashing about, crying out for his mum in his sleep. Another nightmare? I should wake him up.

Louis' POV

Someone's calling me, but I have to find my mum. The voice gets louder and I wake up to Danielle shaking me.

"Are you okay Louis? Were you having a nightmare?"

I'm crying. No, stop! I have to be strong. "I'm fine Dani. Don't worry." I roll over, hiding my tears.

"Are you sure? You were crying out for your mum..."

Does she have to be so pushy?

"I'm okay. Jus' cuddle yeah?" My tone is abrupt, but she scoots closer, spooning me. This isn't how we normally sleep, but tonight it feels good. However, despite feeling cozy, it takes me ages to fall asleep.

The next day I spend at home alone, because I want some time on my own to process the past few days, which turns out to be a bad idea.

I get back from Danielle's around noon, and sit catching up on social media, when I get a text from Harry: "Hey mate. Just wondering how you're doing?"

I respond immediately: "Hi H. I'm ok, tired tho" I figure that's a decent explanation of how I feel.

I tidy up a bit in the living room before I stumble on an old picture of mum and I, from about 10 years ago. I miss her so much. I spent so much time recently away from her, on tour and recording. The lads say I'm the biggest mumma's boy, but I feel like even though I called regularly, I missed too much. I should have been more involved, should have visited more. The guilt and grief is too much and I break down in tears, sitting on the floor against the couch.

Why am I so fucking emotional these days? I know my mum just...she just d-...yeah that, but I'm an adult, I shouldn't be breaking down this much. It shouldn't be humanly possible to shed this many tears. What's wrong with me? Wait, what if there is something seriously wrong?

I'm getting worked up, and I can tell it's gone too far, but I can't stop it. I'm already nearly hyperventilating with how hard I'm crying. I know if I don't stop I'll puke, but I can't. I can't control my breathing, which scares me. I don't even have strength to stand up, so moments later I find myself heaving and retching, throwing up on my (thankfully not carpet) floor. The action surprises me, though I should have known it was coming, and I find myself unable to breathe, causing more gagging.

I try to avoid looking at the puddle of sick in the hopes that I can prevent vomiting again, but it doesn't help, so, leaning over the puddle, I gag harshly as my stomach clenches and I puke a second time. Afterwards, I am finally able to breathe, though I'm still crying.

I want my mum. I want her to carry me to bed and dry my tears and clean my sick off the floor like she did when I was a kid. But I don't have her to call anymore.

Feeling upset and shaken, I decide to call Liam, embarrassed to be in tears yet again, but knowing he won't judge. I choose him above the other lads simply because he's always been more sympathetic than the rest, hence the nickname "Daddy Direction."

"Louis! What's up mate?" Boy, he's cheery.

"Uh...m'not doin' great," I sniffle, not sobbing, but unable to hide my crying.

"Oh no...what's wrong?"

"I don't know. I saw a picture and got sad an' then I got upset and puked on the floor twice. I want my mum!" I'm sobbing again.

"Oh Lou...you'll be alright. Do you need me to come over? I've got some spare time...I could stay overnight if you like?"

"Y-yeah" I won't admit it, but I don't want to be alone, especially at night.

"I need you to calm down first, okay Lou? Take a deep breath, alright. You're fine" I do as he says and take some deep breaths, slowing my racing heart and replacing my gasping sobs with the occasional whimper. "That's better. Now, I'm going to be there in 30 minutes. I want you to go take a shower, then put on some sweats and crawl into bed. I'm guessing you don't want to do too much, so we'll just watch TV or something. Don't worry about cleaning the floor, I'll do it. Do you want me to bring anything?

"Kay. Thanks Li. Don't think I need anything" Hanging up, I go and do as he suggested.

After crawling in bed, I notice a text from Niall :"Hey Louis. How're you holding up?"

I respond, half-truthfully, not wanting to admit my true feelings. "I'm ok, but I miss her" I'm not okay, but he doesn't need to know that. I'm not ready to admit it, even though he's practically my brother.

So, 10 chapters! 

Is the chapter length good? I'm trying to keep it between 600-1000 words, usually like 1 or 2 main events per chapter.