Chapter 79

He doesn't even register my presence, rather, just before I reach his side, his body lurches forward and he vomits all over his lap, sick getting down the front of his shirt and all over the blankets.

Harry's POV

"Oh, Lou," I exclaim, rushing forward as he starts sobbing even harder, completely distraught. I push the dirtied blankets off his lap, being careful not to make more of a mess. "Hey, boo, you're alright. Shh, shh. Papa's here, I've got you, love." Carefully, I lift Louis out of bed, pulling him onto my hip. I'm going to have to change him and the sheets, so he can't stay where he is. Besides, he definitely needs the comfort right now.

"Icky, Papa," Louis whines, clinging close to me and laying his head on my shoulder. My shirt is also going to have to be changed, because I definitely have his puke all over me now.

"I know you're feeling icky, boo. But I'm right here. Papa will take care of you." I babble on soothingly as I set him down on the counter in the bathroom and pull his shirt off. I throw the dirty shirt in the laundry and add my own to the pile. "Does anything else feel icky, Lou, or just your tummy?" I don't even know if Louis will understand what I'm asking him, but I have to try.

"Icky," he pouts. "Up, pwease." He reaches his hands out for me, but I don't pick him up yet.

"Sorry, Boobear, I gotta clean you up first." I wet a washcloth with warm water and wipe Louis' face as he squirms and tries to twist away. "Sit still, boo, I'm almost done." I grab his toothbrush for a moment and put just a tiny bit of toothpaste on it, hoping to get the taste out of his mouth without making him sick again. "Just a couple more seconds, love," I promise as I start brushing his teeth carefully. As I'm about to finish, Louis starts crying again. I quickly pull the toothbrush out hoping he won't get sick again. "Spit out the toothpaste, Lou, I'm all done."

Louis leans over the sink and spits out the toothpaste, then reaches for me, sobbing louder. "Papaaa."

"One sec, bud. Does your nappy need changing?"

"Nooo," Louis whines, but when I check, his nappy is wet.

"Sorry, boo. Gotta take care of this before we can go back to sleep." I change him quickly, rubbing his bare stomach to try and keep him as calm as possible, but by the time I finish, he's still crying. I bring him back to the bedroom and pull a clean shirt out of his drawer. I sit him on the end of the bed to try put it on him, but he keeps crying and grabbing at me, not letting go, so I figure I'll leave it for now.

I'd like to put him back to bed, but he's being too clingy for me to try put him down to strip and remake his bed, so I decide it's best I just take him back to my room. That way I can keep a better eye on him, so it's probably a good idea. I grab the bin from the bathroom, just in case he throws up again, though the likelihood of that plan working when he's feeling so young seems pretty slim.

Somehow I manage to carry Louis, the bin, and his shirt to my room without dropping anything. Louis may be small for a human, but he's still big enough that it takes two arms to carry him safely. I manoeuvre the shirt over his head gently before tucking him into bed, crawling in next to him after getting a clean shirt for myself.

"Dummy?" Louis asks, sniffling as he curls into my side.

Oh, shit. I don't have a dummy for him. Where'd we leave them? Oh...one of them is definitely in his bed, probably got spit out when he threw up. That one will definitely need a cleaning. And the other one we had today fell on the bathroom floor...okay. Guess he won't be getting a dummy right now, because there's no way I'm taking the time to sanitize one for him at this time.