Chapter 65

Liam's POV

After a little while, we hear Louis waking up. Surprisingly, what we hear is not shrieks or laughter like I would expect from what's happened so far today, but crying and calls of "Dadaaa" and "Daddy". I even catch the occasional "Papa", as if he's confused and thinks Harry is here too.

Niall looks at me, his face expressing pretty much exactly what I'm feeling, and we go upstairs together. We find Louis sitting up in his bed, sniffling and cuddling Mr. Snuggles close to his chest.

"Hey, sweetie, what's wrong?" I ask, sitting on the edge of the bed and resting a hand gently on his back.

"Daddy," he sobs, wrapping his arms around my waist, his body slumping so that his head rests on my chest.

"Yeah, I'm here, Lou. Why are you crying, bud?" I hug Louis tightly, still totally confused as to what is going on. Niall is just standing next to the bed, watching. He doesn't seem to know what to do. I really don't either.

"M'wet, Daddy," Louis whimpers. Oh, wait. Is he...I think he's back in his normal headspace. I look at Niall and mouth 'younger'; he pauses for a moment, frowning, before he nods, eyes widening in realization.

"It's okay, sweetheart. That's what your nappy is for, you know that," I soothe, not knowing why being wet is making him so upset unless he is getting a rash.

Louis just sobs and shakes his head. Niall frowns and comes to sit next to me on the bed, rubbing Louis' back gently.

"What's wrong, little one?" he asks.

"Don' have nappy," Louis cries, hiding his face in my chest and I'm left confused. Why doesn't he have a nappy?

Apparently Niall knows, or if not, he's not stuck on the question, because he's scooting even closer and wrapping his arms around Louis, intertwined with mine.

"Oh, love," he coos. "It's okay, you're alright. We can clean the sheets, and you can have a nice bath. Nobody's mad, Louis. It happens, yeah Daddy?" Niall looks to me and I realize he wants me to agree with him.

"Dada's right, Lou," I say, still not knowing why this situation even happened. "We aren't mad. Come, shall I take you for a quick bath before we have lunch?"

"Kay, Daddy," Louis sniffles, locking his arms around my neck, and I lift him up, totally disregarding his wet legs wrapped around me. Making sure Louis is okay is more important than a little bit of urine. I carry him to the bathroom as Niall starts stripping the bed, and gently undress him while the tub is filling with water.

"Did you have a good nap, sweetheart?" I ask, lowering Louis carefully into the water. I'm not planning on making it a very long bath, because Niall told me he gave him one last night, but long enough that he can enjoy it at least.

"Yeah, good nap," Louis says softly, playing with the washcloth I passed him, soaking it in water and then letting the drips splash back into the bath. "M'hungry now."

"Well, we'll have to make this a quick bath then, because Dada and I have already made some lunch. I bet you'd like to eat some, wouldn't you Lou?" As I'm talking, I soap up a washcloth and start running it over his shoulders, arms and back. "Can you stand up for me, love? Daddy needs to wash your legs." Louis stands up, and I gently clean any traces of urine from his legs and crotch.

"Ow, Daddy!" Louis complains when I run the washcloth over the inside of his thigh, and I look closer to see the beginning of a rash forming there.

"Oh, buddy. I'm sorry, I didn't see that there. I'll put some cream on when we put you in your nappy later." I finish cleaning his lower back and stomach, then direct him to sit as I rinse his hair, not bothering to shampoo, despite how much I know he loves it, as I want this to be as quick as possible. "There we go, all done! Let's get you out of there!" I lift him out to stand on the bath mat and reach to drain the tub before wrapping Louis' body in a towel.