Chapter 66

"Shit, Li. What do we do?"

Liam's POV

"We'll have to get him out, and fast." I stare at Louis, so happily sitting with his crayons, blissfully unaware of what is about to happen. I don't want to take him out of headspace, this is the first time he's been in his normal headspace for a while, and it was his choice, kind of.

Niall nods, also watching Louis. "Should we see if he can get out of it himself?"

I shake my head. "Not worth the time if it doesn't work. I'd say we tell him he needs to be B-I-G and then play the song. The combination should do the trick." I spell 'big' out just in case Louis is listening to our conversation. I don't want him getting worked up about it if I can help it.

We let him colour for a few more minutes before interrupting.

"Hey, Louis," Niall says. "Let's put away the crayons and then we need to have a little chat."

Louis looks up. "I in twouble? But I been a good boy, Dada!" His little pout is so adorable I have to laugh, but he turns to me with a frown that makes me stop pretty quickly.

Niall is quick to reassure him that he's not in trouble, and he shoves the crayons messily into the box.

"Thank you for cleaning up, Louis. Come sit next to me for a minute." I pat the couch beside me, and Louis scrambles up and tries to get into my lap. "No, not on my lap right now. Just beside me. There, that's better."

"But Daddy, I wike your lap," Louis pouts again.

"Louis, don't be difficult," Niall reprimands, and Louis removes the pout from his face, looking up at me.

"Okay, Louis. We were just on the phone with Steve Aoki. You need to go out this afternoon, so you're going to have to be big," I explain carefully.

"I don't wanna, Daddy," Louis whines, eyes starting to fill with tears.

"Louis. No complaining, and you need to call him Liam now," Niall directs gently.

I pull out my phone, finding Just Hold On and playing it at a relatively high volume. As it starts to play, Louis pulls his knees up to his chest and hides his head in his arms. I'm assuming he finds that position best for thinking, or maybe he just doesn't want to look at us during the process. A moment later, he looks up.

"Shit, I was bad, wasn't I?" Louis asks, looking back and forth between me and Niall.

"Bit of a terror," Niall chuckles. "But you settled down after your nap, when you went back to your normal headspace. Do you remember much, then?"

"Quite a bit, yeah. More than when I was with Zayn. I'm so sorry. I don't know-"

"It's okay. Well, kinda. We'll have to talk about it, but we don't really have time to talk now," I interject. "You have to be on your way to an interview, like, now."

"Oh...oh, shit. Yeah. I should have told you, Ni. Do I have to...how am I...?" Louis trails off, clearly haven forgotten his question, but I understand what he's trying to ask.

"Steve's driver is going to be over shortly to pick you up."

"Right. I don't have time for a shower, do I?" Louis frowns, looking a bit stressed by the time crunch.

I sigh, wishing we had never had to take him out of headspace. "Not really. You should probably get dressed in something a bit more appropriate for being in public," I suggest, as he's still wearing the onesie I put him in after his bath.