Chapter 4

Time jump

The dark night slowly turns to a pale grey on the horizon. The troop of giants approach the cloaked border. Soon they will be home, well for one its a new home.

Drake lifts the small glass bottle up to the light of the dawn. The girls tiny form is curled up in the bottom of the jar. Her chest slowly rises and falls as she sleeps peacefully wrapped in her cloak. Hopefully she will still be asleep when they reach the castle, that way they wont have to deal with the issue of her knowing how to get out. Drake tucks the bottle back underneath his thick coat just incase.

Time jump

The castle stands in front of the group. It's windows glimmer in the winter sun. Drake follows his father in through the huge front doors closely followed by their servants who accompanied them on the long trip.
"Drake." The prince turns to his father who clutches his sons shoulder. "I'm retiring to my bedchamber and you should do the same. Have fun with her." With those simple words Drake watches his exhausted father walk down the hall.
     He shakes his head slightly and makes his way up the staircase.

Drake's room is filled with deep reds and rich browns. A fireplace crackles merrily in the hearth. A large fourposter stands against the far wall and is richly upholstered with cushions and thick blankets. He steps inside and closes the door quietly behind him. He doesn't bother to change out of his thick traveling cloths. Instead he slips off his thick coat and slips under the covers of his bed. He gently pulls the jars lid off, carful as to not wake her. A small shake of the jar and the princess is lying on his chest. He gently removes her cloak. He hears her soft breathing and her gentle heart beat. Her body is soon covered with the smooth blanket and his large hand.
"This is going to be fun." He mumbles to himself. He blows out the candle and the rooms only light comes from the fireplace but he finds no problem falling asleep.

Next morning

Sophia stirs and her eyes flutter open. Where am I? She wonders. What am I sleeping on? She tries to push herself up off the warm surface that she had so recently been asleep on. She suddenly feels a heavy weight pressing on her back and is pushed back onto her stomach.
"Your not getting away that easily." His voice booms above, creating vibrations on whatever she is lying on.
      Her petite body tenses. Now the memories come flooding back. She was with the prince but where? She couldn't  lift her head enough to get a good view but she has a few ideas.

"There that's better." His voice is softer now and he softly runs his index finger up and down her back feeling her tense muscles and her body tremble slightly.
      What is she so afraid of? It's not like I'm going to hurt her. Drake thinks to himself. He watches her small form tense as he strokes her soft body. The realization then dawns on him. She had never been around Giants and had never had been treated like this before. Drake pulls his hand away and watches her strained muscles relax slightly. Her small form rises and falls with each deep breath she takes. I've got to remember how fragile she is. Drake thinks.

He finally stopped. Sophia sighs with relief. The petting had been so terrifying but it was not even close to the horrifying truth that she could do nothing to protect herself. She was so small. If she did anything to anger him he could easily squish her like a bug. She takes deep breaths, trying to regain her composer, but all to soon it is lost once again.