Chapter 18

Sophia POV

"Of course Im mad, I am not some sort of... of pet! I may be smaller than you but I am not that different!" I fume.

A confused expression crosses Drakes face for a moment before turning to a frown. Fear quickly replaces my anger and back up. He quickly sits up and I land on his lap. I crawl off his lap and onto the bed covers trying in vain to escape his anger.

"Sophia, you are different. You're smaller than me and weaker than me. I own you and you need to understand that."

Its as if we have landed back at square one. He reaches his large hand towards me and I pull myself backwards but as always, its no use. His fingers wrap themselves around me and I am soon held in a tight fist.

"Put... me... down!" I pant trying to wriggle out of his hold.

"See, you're too weak to even get out of my hand."

I want to cry, I want to scream but I don't want to give him satisfaction. I fight back tears and slump in his hold absolutely exhausted.

"And now you have tired yourself out my poor little princess."

I hang my head in shame as he lays down and sets me back on his chest. He lays his hand over me and begins to read a large book. Hes not even paying attention to me. Will I end up being like an old toy that a child eventually grows bored of and tosses to the side? I groan and try to roll over. Above me, I hear a soft chuckle and Drake peeks at me from behind his book. I roll my eyes and brush a strand of hair away from my face. He lifts his hand away from me and I feel a rush of cold air and shiver slightly, goosebumps beginning to form.

"Aww, are you cold?"

I glare a him and stand up my balance is poor and I fall back against him. That's it, I give up. I crawl over so that I'm snuggled in the crook of his neck. I may be mad at him but I am freezing cold. He reaches his hand up to pet me and I smack it away, well as best I can when his hand is bigger than me.

"Stop, the only reason I'm cuddling with you is because Im cold."

He lets out an angry sigh and pulls his covers up to his chin so that I am covered with the thick fabric. At least he is somewhat caring.

"You warm yet." He chuckles.

"Not yet."

"Hold on just a second."

I feel myself shifting and next thing I know I am sliding down his shirt till I come to rest on top of his stomach. A warm blush creeps onto my cheeks and I struggle to stand up but I feel his hand force me down so that Im pressed against his warm skin.

"Are you warm now princess?"

"Uh... ye.. yes, yes I am." I stutter.

His signature chuckle reaches my ears and I feel a strange tug at my chest. No, not again. How can I go from being so mad at him to... Ugh I don't want to even think it. I curl up against him and I feel so... so strange. I want to trust him and stay with him but at the same time I want to run away and never see him again. I just wish he would understand that the only real difference between humans and giants is the size. I sigh and run my finger tips across his smooth skin and he shivers slightly. With what, discomfort, squeamishness.... apprehension. I do it again and hear him sigh. Oh boy.

Drake POV
I reach my hand underneath my shirt and pull out Sophia. She stares at me with wide eyes as I transition her to the bed and get up. I shed my thick clothing till I'm only wearing my dress pants. She blushes profusely and I come over to the bed. I slide back under the covers and place her standing up on my bare chest. She almost falls but I steady her with my finger. She grabs it gratefully and steadies herself. She tries to push my finger away but I gently stroke her side. She blushes even more and tries to push it away again but eventually gives in to the petting.

Next thing I know I'm waking up with her snuggled up to my cheek. She stirs slightly and her eyes flutter open.

"Good morning Drake." She says softly.

"Good morning beautiful."

She blushes at the compliment and begins to get up. I watch her stretch and examine her perfect little body.

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"Stop staring at me."

I laugh and press a soft kiss against her. Her soft gasp reaches my ears and I smile my lips still pressed against her.

"This is what I miss when you're mad at me." I say softly.

She almost says something in reply but stops her most open slightly. I don't push getting the answer from her but I hope she was about to say "me too". She gives a soft laugh and smooths out her dress.

"We better get up and change."

I sigh and flip onto my back. I feel her poke my cheek and her hair tickles my skin.

"Drake, what's wrong?"

I sigh again and turn my head to her. Our eyes meet and I notice the concern in hers.