Chapter 33

Sophia POV

"I leave you for 2 minuets and you snoop around!" He growls, forcefully locking me in a fist and shoving the paper back in his drawer. "I am kind and this is how you repay me? Digging through my personal mail!" I struggle to breath as his fingers tighten painfully.

"T...too t...tight!" I wheeze, trying to free myself.

Black spots appear in my vision and his constant movement isn't helping. Panic begins to set in as it gets harder and harder to work oxygen into my lungs. 

"I try to be kind and gentle but it seems as if you want to be constantly  punished!"

"D...Drake pl...please." I whimper, tears flowing down my face.

I don't think he even knows what hes doing. He is in such a rage, one I have never seen. Something else must have happened. 

My eyesight continues to get fuzzy round the edges till I can hardly focus on anything. "D...Drake." I mumble, my words slurring together. 

"What do you have to say for yourself Sophia!? Oh gosh Sophia!"

His tone shifts from anger to panic. The fist around me opens, releasing the forceful pressure on my torso. I struggle to force oxygen into my lungs and regain my composure. Everything around me is blurry and spinning.

"D...Drake." I cough, not even knowing where the sentence is going.

I collapse onto my stomach, curling up in a ball in the center of his palm. 

"Sophia? Sophia please answer me?

His voice... its so...so loud. I cover my ears and cringe, trying my best to reply but it's too soft for him to hear.

Suddenly, I feel myself landing on something soft and looking up. Drakes face comes into view or at least a very blurry version. Then, everything fades to a shadow.

Drake POV

No,no,no,no! I panic, poking her as gently as possible, trying to get her to wake up. I know that she is still breathing but for how much longer is the question. I can only hope that I didn't break a rib. Oh Sophia, what have I done? I stand up quickly and begin to pace, my mind racing with possible outcomes and solutions. None of the outcomes seem good. I groan, moving to the chair, sitting, and then jumping back up. I can't sit comfortably while Sophia lies unconscious and hurting. I can't believe that I just lost it. Yes I had an excuse but...

My eyes fall on her unconscious form and guilt overwhelms me. Of course I just had to mess everything up right after bringing her home. 

"Please Sophia, please wake up." I mumble, moving over to her. 

I carefully settle myself on the bed beside her, picking her up and cradling her in my palm. She coughs in reply, catching my attention.

"Sophia... can you hear me?" I gently stroke her side, trying to coax her awake.

"D...Drake." Oh, her voice is so quiet and forced.

"Please Sophie, please open your eyes." Maybe if she fully wakes up, I can make sure she is alright.

She rolls over onto her side, hiding her face from me. Is she purposefully doing this to annoy me?  No, she has to still be mostly asleep. I continue stroking her side.

"Please obey me Sophia." I coo, trying to keep my anger down.

"mph." 

"Sophia." I say sternly.