Chapter 14

Drake POV

I can not describe the fear I felt when I returned the the garden to find her gone. Nor can I describe the boiling anger when my guards found a trail of tiny horse prints about three days later.

My head guard Rikard came to me, his face grim. "Humans have been here. I believe the human king is behind the disappearance of your prize."

"Ready your men, we ride for the human border to retrieve her at dawn."

"Yes my prince." He salutes and leaves.

I groan and gaze out the window at the snowy world outside.

"Ill get you back Sophia and when I do, I can promise that you will NEVER be able to escape again." I take another swig from the bottle and fall into a drunken sleep.

Time Skip

We dismount at the border and walk quickly towards the location of her summer castle. We see a billow of smoke a little ways off and know we're close. I signal for my men to wait and I proceed to the castle. Two guards spot me and begin to scream in horror. I pick one up and am about to crush him in my fist when a shout from a voice I recognize catches my attention. I look over at my Sophia who stands on her balcony.

"Please dont hurt them! Please!" She cries.

I walk over to her. She cowers under my gaze.

"And why should I listen to you?" I ask as I continue to squeeze the guard.

"Because... uh... because Ill come with you and never try to escape again."

"Oh but darling, Ill take you whether you like it or not and Ill make sure that you will never escape."

She has tear tracks running down her face as she watches me continue to squeeze the poor guard.

"Please Drake." She cries.

I pause and turn back towards her. I cannot ignore the flutter in my heart when she says my name. I growl inwardly at the stupidity of myself but, I set the guard down on the balcony. He falls to the floor panting. I glare at Sophia who looks down at the ground in shame. I pick her up and stuff her into my pocket.

"You are not going to like it when we get home." I growl.