Chapter 45

Sophia POV

"Hmm?" I'm so tired, but something feels...off.

I groggily try to regain my wits. Wait what? I feel a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and a nose buried in my hair. I roll over, confusion filling me.

"D...Drake?" I gasp.

"Mph." He groans, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

His tired eyes take in the scene around him and his mouth falls open. "I...what...how...?" He stutters.

Anger and worry can both be seen in his countanece and I'm on edge. I slowly go to move away but his hand locks around my arm.

"Oh no you don't." He growls.

"Let me go!" I cry out, wrenching free of his grasp.

"What happened Sophia!" He shouts, moving closer.

"I don't know!" I shout back.

He launches himself at me, tackling me and forcing me against the mattress.

"You're lying to me." His fingers dig into my wrists causing me to cry out in pain.

I kick out, my heel landing in his stomach. He hisses in pain, flailing backwards.

"You'll pay for that." His dark gaze sends fear shooting through me.

"Leave me alone!" I yelp as I feel him grab my hair and pull me back.

Pain shoots through my scalp making my eyes tear up.

"Let her go Drake." The voice is dark but familiar. It resonated throughout the room, it's warning and command clear.

We both gasp.

Drake releases his grasp and I turn. Clay stands at the edge of the bed, giant sized. How?

Clay reaches forward, plucking Drake from the bed.

"Unhand me!" Drake shouts, struggling in Clays grip.

I watch in awe, my mouth hanging open slightly.

"Do you really think you should speak to me that way, especially now that I'm your king?" Clay chuckles, tightening his hold on Drake.

"K...king?" I gasp in surprise.

This... this is insane. What's happening? I have to be dreaming.

Clays gaze turns to me and a sad smile crosses his face. He drops a shouting Drake into his pocket "Yes Sophia. I'm taking over Drakes position."

"But....but how did you...?" I stutter, slowly approaching him.

"I had some help." He chuckles.

I smile back at him, but I notice his hand getting closer. I flinch as the shadow of it falls across me. I crawl backwards, avoiding his touch.

"Oh Sophia, what has he done to you?" He says sadly, blocking any way of escape.

I whimper softly as he inches his hand closer. His finger graze my waist and I wait for his crushing grip to lift me into the air. It doesn't come. Instead, the gentle weight of his thumb strokes up and down my side.

"Oh Clay." I sob, giving in to his touch. Everything I've endured pouring out as tears.

Clay POV

She shivers in my hold. Her tiny form curled up in my palm as she cries over the pain she's endured. I gently stroke her side, trying to provide what comfort I can at my current giant state.