Chapter 46

Sophia POV

Every fiber of my being was telling me to run. Trust was something my mind had forgotten long ago. I knew Clay. I knew he was good. I know he is good. But I also know what having power over someone can do to you. I did not want to go through that. Especially not with someone I have loved and cared for.

I shove the covers away, making my way down the bed. The rich red covers flow down to the floor, allowing me an easy way down. My feet hit the wood floor and I try to figure out my next step logically. Well, at least till I hear footsteps. My heart rate quickens to a racing point. My breathing shaky and inconsistent. Hyperventilating. What do I do?! My instincts take over. I scramble under the bed, the covers hiding me from view. Then I hear the door open.

Heavy footsteps sound, shaking the floor and myself. It's terrifying to know that something or someone has enough power to shake the very ground, even crush me underneath their feet if they so wished.

"Sophia?!" I hear Clay's panicked voice echo in the room.

I cover my ears at its volume, stifling a gasp.

"Sophia please?" He says again.

Should I come out? Do I really know whether or not he'll hurt me? Can I take that chance. No... No I can't. I can't go through what I've been through again.

I was so foolish. I tried to see the good. I tried to fool myself into thinking Drake cared for me.  I tried to think things would get better and that if I just went along, everything would be ok. No more.

I gulp and move farther under the bed, farther into the shadows. Galore I hope there aren't spiders down here.

"Sophia..." Clays voice is darker now. He's thinking, I can tell. And what he's thinking about can't be good. "I suggest you come out now."

No.

"I will only say this one last time princess." I cringe at the name. Its what Drake calls me when he's angry. "Come our now or face the consequences."

Now or never. I just can't. I have to stand my ground. I just pray my choice isn't a mistake.

"Alright, that's it!" He growls sharply.

Something falls to the floor with a clang and I scream in surprise. I screamed! Oh gosh I screamed.

The blankets that had just been hiding me flip up, sending light streaming in. I gasp and stumble backwards, momentarily blinded by the light.

"There you are." Clay growls, peering at me.

"Wait...no please." I gasp, backing away ever so slowly.

"You has your chance, now come here!" He grunts, shoving his arm under the bed.

His hand reaches towards me and I scream, dogging his fingers. I go to move farther underneath the bed but his hand slams down on my lower half. I cry out and struggle as he begins to drag me out.

What do I do?! My brain struggles to find the answer. Racing round and round with ideas before settling on the stupidest one possible that will work.

His fingers climb my waist, tightening painfully over my chest. Now or never. My teeth sink into his finger. He cries out, releasing me and quickly pulling his hand out.

I quickly pick myself up off the floor and struggle to catch my breath. I can taste his blood in my mouth.

"Sophia!"

Agh! I slam my hands over my ears, crying out in pain at the sheer volume of his voice.

"Come on, I'm trying to help you." Again I see his hand reaching for me.