Chapter 35

Ceius POV

"Drake what?!" I shout, quickly standing and startling the messenger.

No, he couldn't have. Not Sophia, he couldn't have her again.

"He...He intercepted the human caravan and took all of them hostage save for...for the guards." The messenger stutters.

"Let me guess, he killed all of the guards."

"Yes my king."

I begin to pace, my heavy footsteps echoing of the throne room walls. How could he and why did it take so long to receive this news. Suddenly I clench my hands on the young messengers shoulders and look him dead in the eyes. He gulps and cowers slightly under my gaze.

"How did you receive this news?"

"The human king escaped and made it to the castle. His letter was brought this morning."

"What kind of shape is he in." I ask quickly, fearing the worst.

"Not good my King."

Oh galore my cousin will pay. "Send for Lord Carog and tell him I need him immediately."

"But my king he is..."

"Do as I say boy." I bark harsher than I meant to.

The messenger leaves with a quick bow, obviously scared out of his mind.

I sigh, and return to my throne, slumping onto it. Oh what am I to do. The whole point of sending Sophia home was to keep her safe and instead I delivered her into her old keepers hands. I hope she is alright. For, if she is not, Drake will feel the entirety of my rage.

Drake POV

"Lord Valcrume, is this truly necessary?" I groan whilst being fitted with the ceremonial coronation clothes.

"Yes my Prince, it is tradition." He chuckles, gazing at the different royal scepters. "And speaking of tradition, have you decided on who will accompany you to the royal ball afterwords?"

I freeze, realizing what he means. I haven't even thought of the ball, in fact, I had completely forgotten about it.

"No, I have not." I say brusquely trying to avoid further conversing on the subject.

"There are no women who capture your interest at the moment?" He smiles smugly, knowing full well that he is getting on my nerves.

"No." I lie.

There is one, but the possibility of... no, I don't even want to think about it.

"Ah, not even that little pet of yours?"

"Sophia?!" I suddenly pipe up confused.

How did he know of her? I mean, he was at the meeting but to hint that I have feeling for her. I did have strong ones long ago but now, now I don't truly know how I feel.

"Yes my Prince, she is a rather lovely gem."

"Lord Valcrume, you know as well as I that the possibility of bringing her to the Ball is out of the question." I growl, clearly annoyed.

"Not if you use..."

"Lord Valcrume!" I warn, stopping his sentence in a heartbeat. "You know I cannot do that." I sigh, placing my hand to my temple.

"And why not?" He chuckles. A weight is suddenly lifted off my shoulders as he removes the royal robe and chain. I blink in surprise as he takes hold of my arms. "You know what you want. Go, the potion is in the bottom cabinet." He gives me a quick grin before leaving me alone in the room.