Chapter 27

Opening his hazy amber eyes, Inuyasha's vision slowly zeroed in on a shock of fiery red hair, haphazardly sitting atop Kaplow's head. Confusing his already dizzy head were the fox's eight tails as they twitched and flitted here and there behind the irritated Youkai.

"You are easily damaged, half-breed."

"Yeah," god's above but his throat felt like sand, "but somehow I keep on livin'." Seeing the twisted grin etching its way across Kaplow's face, Inuyasha knew that had been a stupid thing to say.

"We will soon see to that." Getting up, Kaplow stretched his tight body as he sauntered over to the hanging Hanyou before him. When he'd brought Inuyasha back, he'd been sure to bind the half-breed well and now had him shackled and hanging from a titanium beam running across the warehouses ceiling. Of course the chains securing the abomination were also made out of the same metal, impossible for Inuyasha to break on his best day, and today certainly did not qualify as his best. Smirking, Kaplow doubted even Lord Sesshomaru would be able to physically break those bonds.

Clicking a razor sharp claw along the edge of one of Inuyasha's cuffs, Kaplow's green eyes glistened with malice. "You know, little half-breed, you and I have something in common."

"I doubt that considerin' I'm fuckin' sane." Hissing, Inuyasha felt Kaplow's answering claws as they raked across his already battered cheek.

Ignoring the Hanyou's pain, Kaplow continued, "As I was saying, you and I have something in common. We have both been sentenced to death by the mighty Lord Sesshomaru and somehow, we have both managed to escape that fate."

Inuyasha's mind whispered, somehow I think you deserved to die, but his mouth wisely stayed silent.

Inhaling deeply, Kaplow's nose wrinkled in bitter distaste. "You reek of his scent. Although not yet fully claimed, it is clear that had I not intervened, you soon would be. You must enjoy pain, little half-breed, to even consider mating with a Youkai whom has caused you nothing but."

Narrowing his own amber eyes, Inuyasha fought down the sting the fox's words put in his soul. To an outsider like this, his own capitulation would seem masochistic, and yet the Sesshomaru he'd woken up to five hundred years later was all he wanted, all the Hanyou desired. No, he'd made his decision and Inuyasha wouldn't let this sadistic fuck screw with his mind. "I'd rather have Sesshomaru's dick up my ass than look at your pathetic face any day of the week."

Moving in closer, Kaplow's green eyes appeared lit from within. "But you haven't had his dick yet, have you? And, half-breed, you never will."

Hanging uselessly from the ceiling, Inuyasha could no longer feel his arms. He'd been in and out of consciousness and wasn't sure just how long he'd been lingering on the chain. What he did know was that his captor was becoming increasingly aggravated. Time and time again, Kaplow had beaten, cut, and generally berated him and all the while, he'd asked not a single thing. Not one question nor explanation as to why he was being tortured. And yet, Inuyasha knew the fox was holding back. Given his current condition and restraint, there was little he could do to protect himself. "Not that I'm complainin', but why haven't you killed me yet?"

"Why? Because you are the bait to lure in what I truly desire. To get what I require, for just a few minutes, I need the InuDaiYoukai alive." Shrugging his shoulders, Kaplow added, "Besides, what would be the point in killing you if Sesshomaru is not here to see it?"

Swallowing through his arid throat, Inuyasha watched as Kaplow moved closer, his head tilted to the side as if he was trying to figure something out. Finally, the fox questioned, "Why do you still refuse to call him?"

Sincerely confused, Inuyasha asked, "Call him? What the fuck's that supposed to mean?"

"You are both dog Youkai and although the two of you have not finished your mating, you are still closely bound. All you have to do is call to him, and Sesshomaru will answer. He will know where you are and gallantly come to rescue you. Did you truly not know this?"