Chapter 11

‘You had a chance to hang out with Blake today despite it being only a few minutes yet the only thing you can say to him is that he’s cute?’ Mitch told me incredulously as soon as he sat beside me with a huge dramatic sigh. ‘I have no idea what is going on inside your head Ally, it seems that you need my help in the power of seduction.’

I choked on my coffee.

‘I do not need tips with the power of seduction nor would I want your help in this dilemma of mine,’ I told him with a grave tone as I stared out at the distance, away from my team who were now doing warm-ups in the pitch. I knew we don’t usually do warm-ups here but it’s the even Wednesday.

Which meant the rugby boys would be coming soon.

It also meant that Blake would be coming.

I’m feeling kind of nauseated right about now. Mitch just let out his musical laughter and wrapped an arm around me, supposedly bringing me closer to him. In all the recent years, I would’ve put up a fight and hit him but his touch had been comforting to me so I let him pull me closer towards him.

‘You, my deluded bestfriend need a make-over,’ he told me with a smug grin on his devilish handsome face. He poked me on the cheek before continuing his speech. ‘And you need some pointers in the art of seducing Blake Gordon. And you will need a brain transplant, babe.’

‘Why would I need a brain transplant for?’ I cried out at him, frowning at the thought of doctors poking at my brain. ‘I don’t need to be crazier than I already am Mitchie, thank you very much for that but I will pass from that transplant. Besides, I don’t need one. It’s you who needs it.’

He frowned at my words and then he nodded in agreement, as if he really wanted a brain transplant. ‘Fine, the both of us needs it. You can’t seem to accept him for some odd reason and I can’t seem to settle down with a girl,’ he pointed out bluntly. I flushed red at his callous words. ‘Huh, the two of us are so damn messed up.’

I rolled my eyes at him. Mitch can be such a drama queen sometimes and blunt with his words. I have no idea why I was bestfriends with the bad boy here. ‘I have my reasons,’ I muttered and crossed my arms across my chest, pouting slightly. ‘It’s not that I don’t like him it’s just-‘

‘Yeah I know Ally because no one deserves you in any sense, shape or form,’ Mitch cut in with a dramatic tone while waving his arms about and turning to give me a pointed look of his. ‘Look I understand what you’re saying but the poor boy would’ve been hurting with how long you’re holding out.’

My face fell. ‘It’s been a year.’

Mitch quirked a pierced eyebrow at me. ‘If you don’t confess to him soon, some girl will and he’ll just drop you like a sack of potatoes,’ he told me bluntly, making me wince at his words. ‘You don’t want that now do you babe?’

I pursed my lip and bit them as I thought things through. Sure Blake was hot and handsome, fit and lean all rolled into one sexy burrito. He was there when I was at my weakest and he was also there when I needed help from him. He was always there though. If I don’t tell him about my feelings, who knows someone else will and he’d be gone in a flash, tired of waiting for me.

Other than Blake, who would fall for broken me?

I sighed, feeling depressed suddenly. ‘He’s just there for me,’ I told him quietly. I frowned a little and turned my attention back at the pitch, staring far into the distance. ‘I don’t know if I’m strong enough Mitchie. I’m still fighting my own fears, fighting myself. Would I be strong enough to love him?’

‘Well I suggest you do it quick because lover boy and his gang are here,’ Mitch replied me, his gaze already trained on the group of burly boys. I heard him let out a soft groan. ‘I swear to God why am I here again Ally? I’m suspended from club activities.’