Chapter 15

‘You’re wearing that for your date later?’ Mitchie questioned me as soon as he stopped by my locker after the end of our third period. We made it a point to meet at a random rendezvous before we go for the next period that we shared together. The way he had said it made me look down at my own attire. I frowned at what I had chosen in the morning. To me, it looked casual yet a little stylish.

I was wearing a pair of tight Cheap Monday jeans with the ends rolled up and on my feet; I was wearing a pair of designed TOMS. The bottom part of my attire was alright and the top part, I was wearing a simple sweater, a block V CELINE sweater where the patterns were quite nice to look at.

All in all, my outfit deemed passable.

I looked at my attire again and turned to look at my bestfriend who was also giving me a critical once-over. My jaw dropped open at his new hairstyle. ‘Holy shit you cut your hair!’ I cried in shock at him as I jabbed a finger at his hair. ‘I thought you said you’re not going to cut it at all!’

Mitch just laughed at my response to his new haircut. ‘I think it’s about time I get a new hairstyle,’ he told me as he raised an eyebrow and tilted his head a little at me. ‘So what do you think? You like the new look?’

I let my eyes roam over. He had cropped the sides short but left the top part of his head long. He had pulled everything up so that it curled up nicely on his head. With the side of his head now bare, the new hairstyle brought out his strong jawline and made him more irresistible-looking. It made him more dashing and handsome at the same time. I grinned at him. ‘It suits you,’ I told him finally after I had assessed him critically.

‘That’s all you can say?’

‘What! What do you want me to say? You look hot and more dangerous-looking?’ I asked him with a raised eyebrow. He looked more dangerous with that hairstyle, especially when he was wearing tight black jeans, a white shirt and with a dark blue denim jacket. ‘And your attire isn’t complete without shades Mitchie.’

‘I look hot and more dangerous-looking?’ he asked me with a smug grin plastered on his face. I groaned. I knew it was wrong to tell him that. I had just put more fire into his flaming ego. ‘Well I do have my shades but I left in back in my locker, I didn’t want the girls to swoon over me.’

‘I’m sure they are right about now,’ I told him wryly and turned to see a couple of girls huddled by the lockers who were staring at Mitchie with dreamy expressions on their faces. I laughed at their reaction, I didn’t know Mitchie was that popular with the girls. I keep forgetting it everytime.

‘I can be a model or something,’ he told me with a smug tone as he draped an arm over my shoulder before making our way towards our next class. ‘Besides, you’ll look better with a bandage skirt.’ He gave me a grin before he started paying attention to the girls who were fawning over him.

I rolled my eyes at him.

‘Oh my god Mitchell, I love your new hairstyle!’

‘Will you marry me?’

‘Oh my god hot meat alert!’

‘Be my boy?’

‘God, he’s so hot it feels like I’m dreaming.’

‘Can I walk with you?’

‘It’s no fair! How come she can walk with him? I wish I’m there standing beside him! I want to feel his abs!’

I had to scoff over that sentence some bimbo had said. The same kind of speech could be heard as the both of us made our way down the hallway and turn a corner before making our way towards our class. It’s always like this with Mitchie; he’s too popular with the girls despite him always getting into trouble.