Chapter 31

It certainly has been a long time since I last skated here. After spending every waking hour either in school, at practice or in the recording studio, it was damn time for me to spend some alone time skating. It usually helps me to calm down and relax, to think about how my life had turned out so far.

Other than running, skating was a release for me too.

With both hands tucked behind my back, I glided around the rink gracefully. With a smile framing my face, I allowed myself to sigh in happiness as I passed many people who were also having fun with their friends. Sticking to the middle of the rink, I sped along faster than the others and made sure I stayed away from the edges, not wanting to repeat the same incident again.

Two days ago, the boys and I had viewed YouTube to see how the video that Elizabeth had done turned out. We had our own VEVO page and the newest video was of us making the acoustic cover. I made a sound of wonder when I saw myself singing with a smile etched on my face.

I could see the chemistry that I had shared with Rip when we sang.

Even the comments that the viewers had given were inspiring. Some said that the boys had chosen the right singer, some said that my voice was exceptional and that it was the first time they had heard that type of voice. Some commented that they can’t wait to hear the newest album.

So far so good.

While there are good comments, there are also negative and outrageous comments but I was too happy to care about what bad comments they had for me. I mean I had plenty of those in school and I doubt they’re going to ruin my ecstatic mood. Nothing can ruin it at all I guarantee you.

When we finally noticed the views, we made sounds of wonder and amazement. We didn’t realize that many people actually viewed it. It was almost a hundred thousand. I think it was thanks to the bands’ old fans that we were able to snag that much views or maybe it’s due to the fact that there were three handsome boys in the video.

All in all, we were so damn happy!

‘See the people loves you!’ Connor exclaimed at me, pointing at the video and started doing a little jig dance in the middle of the control room. ‘Yeah we are so going to make the best second album ever! And it’s thanks to both you and Rip! How can we ever thank you?’

I had shrugged as I thought things over. ‘Buy me loads of coffee,’ I had told him with a huge grin on my face making the other two boys burst out laughing at my request. ‘Especially every morning, I am a caffeine addict.’

Connor had grinned at me widely. ‘Okay it’s a deal then!’

I shook my head at the thought with a small smile framing my lips as I glided past a corner for the fiftieth time and then did a double take when I saw a familiar figure hovering near the side of the rink where the seats were currently at. Frowning at him, I swerved past some strangers and stopped in front of him swiftly.

‘Hey you.’

Stuffing my hands into the pocket of my letterman jacket, I watched the man that was towering in front of me. I wasn’t surprised that Rip was there but it was peculiar to see him in a skating rink. ‘What are you doing here?’ I asked him cautiously. ‘We’re not having practice today right?’

‘Nice jacket,’ he said instead, his tone had gone all weird as his eyes remained glued onto the letters on my left shoulder. ‘So you’re the Captain of your school’s softball team? And you’re also able to skate? That’s interesting to know.’

Frowning at him, I looked down at my own attire. I was wearing the official softball letterman jacket, complete with the school’s logo and the softball bat on it with a black shirt underneath. Thanks to Coach, my name was sewn onto the other side with the word ‘Captain’ on it too. It was one of his gifts for making it to the top.