Chapter 19

I stood staring at the locker of mine like as if something will bound to happen to me soon. It was time for the fourth period and I didn’t know why I was still standing there, waiting. Maybe I was waiting for Mitchie to suddenly arrive, call me and wrap his arm around my shoulders. Maybe I was waiting for him to put a smile on my face.

I keep forgetting that he was in the hospital fighting for his life.

I sighed and looked down, frowning at my own morbid thoughts. It’s been two weeks since the accident and he’s not waking up. I was told by the doctor that they had found a bullet near to his chest-the part that they didn’t tell me and that was why it was taking him that long to wake up. His body was slowly mending itself. I flew into a rage once I knew they didn’t tell me about the bullet.

It’s crucial information for god’s sake!

Here I was spending my nights sitting in front of Mitchie, praying and telling him to wake up for me not knowing that he had taken a shot. I felt betrayed somehow; I mean I was his bestfriend! Not knowing that crucial part was like an insult to me. Not knowing that my bestfriend almost died killed me.

I let out a frustrated sigh, dragging a hand through my hair to disperse my heavy thoughts and quickly gathered my books to slowly make my lonely way to class. These two weeks had been the loneliest for me and the hardest for me to plough through alone. Sure I had Liam and my team with me but without Mitchie, everything felt different. It’s the same feeling when he was sent to the boys’ home a year ago.

It’s like a part of me was gone.

I’ve spent every waking hour of my life with him. We’ve been bestfriends for four years and counting but I had never felt this hollow before with Liam who I was bestfriends with even longer. Liam and I were bestfriends since kindergarten but ever since he got into a relationship with Isabel, his time with me had been cut off. He was still considered as my bestfriend but Mitchie was in my top list.

He’s the first person I would call if I was in trouble, not Liam. Because I knew that he’d drop everything to help me. He did actually more than once so I knew I can trust him and I knew I can count on him. But now, since he’s in the hospital and under a coma, who would help me if I needed it most?

Liam would but he had never done that before for me.

Another person crossed my mind. Blake Gordon. Would he drop everything to help me if I asked? I glanced over at his locker on instinct as I passed, a small frown on my face as if I was working on a big mathematical equation. He did help me once or twice but I don’t know if I can count on him. He’s a person I didn’t know. But he had seen all my scars, seen the destruction on my life.

Should I give him a chance?

‘Hey Angel! I hope you dream of me at night,’ I heard Blake’s voice calling at me from behind. My heart spluttered at his sexy voice without my consent and I turned to see him leaning casually on his locker, a smirk on his face and he had his strong arms curled around his chest.

Just like that; a simple casual stance and he made my heart pump even faster. He was wearing jeans and a tight grey shirt with the sleeves rolled up, showing off his muscles. His clear blue eyes were twinkling mischievously and his dirty blonde hair was tussled as if he had run his hands through it multiple times.