Chapter 12-Blake's POV

Freshman year. Blake’s POV

There she was.

Oh my goodness.

The angel that I had seen earlier in the day when I came to school for the first time in this state. The beautiful flower that I had seen. She was such a beauty, such radiance was glowing off her that I can’t stop staring at her. She had caught my eye when I saw her with that bad boy in this school.

I was hanging by my locker, trying to get my books organized in the cramp space when a shout was heard in the corridors. Everyone in the hallways seemed to part ways in the crowded space to give way to this mean-looking boy that towered everybody else. He was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans, his dark hair was a mess and his eyes had that hard glint in them.

It was rumoured that he was the bad boy in the school. It was also rumoured that he had punched his step dad for hitting his mother who caused him to be sent to juvy. It was all rumours that were being spread around but seeing his hard gaze and his bruised knuckles, I doubt the rumours weren’t true.

His eyes were scanning for someone in the hallways and his lips split into a huge grin which made the students frown at that. Bad boys and smiling never mix, they don’t appear side by side in the sentence either. It means bad though. Usually.

He shouted a girls’ name.

Then he ran towards her to drape a strong arm across the girl. I caught my breath at the sight of the beauty that was being crushed under his weight. It was that girl. That girl which had caught my breath, rendering me useless and starry-eyed. Even though she had a pained look on her face, she managed to smile at that boy.

I knew they were close, hearing from everyone else but I don’t know if they were dating. I hope they weren’t. I really hoped they weren’t.

I was a new student, I didn’t know anybody.

Yet there she was smiling softly at that bad boy. She was wearing a blue dress today which hugs her lean body and showed off her toned legs. She was so beautiful, like the roses that blooms in the florist shops, like the moon that perched in the night sky. She looked like an angel with that dress, with that smile framing her face. I have yet to know her name though.

With a sad smile framing my face, I made my way towards the cafeteria alone. Many students passed by who were roaring with laughter and joking around with each other. I was glad that no one knew me here, I was partially glad that I was invisible in this school but I knew some day someone will notice me.

My talent would be known soon.

I shrugged and bought myself some food before making my way towards the empty benches. I was about to tuck myself into the food, some mysterious-looking glop that lay suspiciously on top of my plate when suddenly, she arrives. For the first time, she wasn’t surrounded with her team.

Her smile was gone from her lips and her face had taken a deathly toll. She looked so lost at that moment I was shocked at the transition. What happened to my angel? I watched her queue her way to get her food, seeing her like that made me wonder. She was clearly in her own world; a soft look had replaced that lost look.

I tilted my head at her.

She looked up suddenly, like as if someone had spoken to her.

I saw her head move and somehow, her hazel eyes latched onto my own. I felt my heart squeeze and I felt myself falling for her eyes. Oh my god, they were the warmest golden hue I had ever seen. She tilted her head at me and her lips curled into a half-smile before she turned away, making a beeline towards the bad boy of the school.