Chapter 21

I just kissed him.

He kissed me; his lips were on mine and vice versa. I stared unseeingly at the ceiling of my room and felt my lips, remembering the way his lips were so soft on my own. I remembered that he was smiling when he kissed me, his eyes falling close as he surrendered his heart to me. That moment was so perfect.

I couldn’t remember what happened after that but I assure you, my head was in Cloud Nine. I had giggled, I remembered that bit and he told me that he loved me before leaving me standing dreamily by the hallway. I didn’t remember what actually happened next but I found myself seated in the car with Mum, my bag in-between my feet.

That was brilliant.

I couldn’t have imagined it better. Fireworks sparked between us as our lips connected and electricity ran through my whole body where his arms caressed me so softly. My knees went slack and weak, too overwhelmed at the emotions that were bombarding so incessantly. A smile was framing my face as I followed Mum up to the apartment.

I had never felt so happy and complete before in my entire life. Mum had noticed that smile framing my face but she didn’t ask me why. She just beamed back at me and ruffled my hair where I was laying down on my bed, staring mindlessly before leaving the apartment a few hours later for her next shift.

I sighed happily as I replayed the memory in my head. I’ve waited for that kiss for about two years now and I couldn’t say I didn’t like it, I did truly and now I wanted more. I wanted more, I craved for his touches, his smile and now his kisses. I craved for his attention. Now I wish I have his number, so that I can actually talk to him to hear his sexy voice.

What is up with me?

I shook my head and smacked myself mentally before pushing myself off the bed, murmuring that I was going crazy just because of that kiss. I was about to leave my room when the ringtone of my phone erupted from the floor. Frowning and wondering who would call me, I picked it up.

‘Hello?’

All I heard was heavy and ragged breathing at the other end of the phone. I frowned at the sound, that wasn’t the first time I actually got that type of call. Without even waiting for that other someone to speak, I ended the call quickly. I have no idea who it was since it was an unknown number. I stared at my phone, glancing at the logs of calls I had received. That was just too weird.

Shrugging it off, I dropped the phone onto the bed and started busying myself around the room. I figured it was time to spend some alone time in the skating rink but then I thought twice about it. I’ve never spent enough time with Liam; maybe I should ask him along since it’s been forever since we hang out.

I have never get the chance to ask him what was going on between him and Isabel, whether they were okay or they broke up. I mean since he was in a relationship, his entire time was utterly devoted to her. I understand about it but I miss him. I missed the time we had spent together, we were bestfriends, we were always everywhere together.

Maybe it’s time to spend some time with him.

I picked the phone off the bed and speed-dialled his number. After telling him that I wanted to hang out with him and the place to meet, he agreed wholeheartedly with me since he too thinks that we need some bestfriend time together. With a huge grin on my face, I stuffed my skates into a bag and located my wallet, keys, and shoes before locking up the apartment.

Pressing the earpieces into my ears and connecting it to my phone, I relaxed when music washed into my ears as I walked out of the building to catch a bus to the skating rink. It’s like the old days where Liam and I will spend hours in the skating rink playing and showing off to our heart’s content.