Chapter 5 (Edited)

"You are back," Judy said when Mira walked into the kitchen. Relief filled the older woman's eyes as she looked Mira up and down, trying to make sure that there were no injuries on the other female. "Are you alright?" she asked, worriedly. "Are you hurt?"

"I am fine," Mira said, smiling slightly. It had been a while for someone to actually wonder how she was doing. Mira was glad that someone cared about her, but she didn't know how long that would last.

Judy nodded her head. She raised an eyebrow and studied the older Angel. "So, would you like to eat now?"

Mira shook her head, smiling softly. "No thanks," she said. "I am good."

"You need to eat at least something," Judy said, horrified. Shock filled the woman's eyes, because she didn't know how to deal with a girl that was "anorexic". "We don't want you keeling over dead."

Mira smiled, grimly. Guilt filled her system, because she didn't want Judy to worry about her keeling over dead. "I know that we wouldn't want that," she said, softly. She sighed, knowing that it would be best to at least "eat" something. "I would just like an apple, if that is all right. I am not feeling that good."

Judy smiled a little and nodded her head. "Of course." Judy walked to the fridge and grabbed an apple before tossing it to her. "Here," she said. "Go up to your room, and I'll bring you some tea."

Mira smiled and nodded her head in thanks before turning around to start the trek to her room. Her room. She liked the sound of that. Because Angels didn't need to rest, they did not have their own rooms. Instead, they merely trained or meditated when they weren't training to keep their strength up.

"Don't think you'll be staying here long," a male voice said, breaking her from her thoughts. Disgust filled the voice, and even then, Mira couldn't help the shiver that escaped.

Mira turned to see Anthony looking at her, his arms folded across his chest. She noticed that he didn't have a shirt on, and a small blush appeared on her cheeks because she couldn't help but think that he was fine. "I won't," she promised, glancing down. "After a week, I can finally go home." She bit into the apple before she turned back the way that she came and again walked to her room. "I cannot wait until I get back. Oh, and I've seen better looking men." A dazzling smirk appeared on her face while she turned to look at the now fuming male.

Anthony growled, but he didn't go after Mira while she walked up the steps. He just shook his head and left the house, not knowing what he was going to do about a certain female. All he knew was that both he and his Wolf were conflicted about what to do with her.

***

The next morning, Mira walked down the stairs while Anthony was starting to walk up. She gave him a small smile, which earned her a glare. Mira frowned but shook it off while she walked the rest of the way and into the kitchen. "Morning," she said, spying Judy at the oven.

"Morning, Dear," Judy said, smiling. "How did you sleep?"

"Good," Mira replied, sitting at the island, watching her cook. Not a wink, she thought. Like eating, Angels didn't need to sleep. She had no idea what to do during the night, so she just sat on her bed and looked over some scrolls that Raphael had given her.

"That's good," Judy said. A smirk appeared on her lips while she looked at the "younger" female. "Any good dreams?"

Mira shook her head. "I don't dream," she replied.

Judy nodded her head in understanding. She knew that some people didn't dream, unlike her who loved dreaming about doing something with her mate. "Well, I hope you are ready for school. Anthony will be taking you and taking you back home."

Mira groaned but nodded her head, not saying a word. She knew that she needed to go to school to make it seem that she was an actual human, but she didn't want to. Mira had all ready lived through most of the history, after all.