Chapter 17

The next morning, Mira walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. She saw Jeff standing there, but he didn't even acknowledge her presence. Hurt filled Mira's system, but she kept her face blank. She knew that it was Tony's fault that he was ignoring her, and she couldn't help but angry at him.

"Morning," a deep voice said, causing Mira and Jeff to look at the door. The male, Raymond, looked between Mira and Jeff before looking at Mira again. Confusion filled his eyes, but he did not say anything about why those two were not talking. "Can I talk to you in my office?" he asked.

Mira nodded her head, knowing what he was wanting to talk about. "All right," she said, walking towards the kitchen door. "And I'm not hungry." If she wasn't an Angel, then she was sure that she would not have eaten either. She didn't think she would've been able to eat anything with the zoo going on in her stomach.

Raymond caught up with her and stuffed his hands in his pockets. He looked around, and she could tell that he was making sure that they were alone. "So," he began, looking at the older female. "You are an Angel."

Mira stiffened and looked around, making sure that they were actually alone. She wanted one person, in particular, to not know that she was something else rather than human. "Werewolves have good hearing. I suggest we talk in your office."

Raymond growled, softly, causing Mira to roll her eyes. Anger and distrust filled his eyes, and this caused Mira to be sort of amused. "How-"

Mira sent him a small smirk and held up her hand, silencing the raging Alpha. "I've been around for a long time, Raymond. I know about the Supernatural World," she replied, softly. "I am older than your grandfather."

"But you look-"

"Eighteen, I know," Mira replied. She opened the door to the office and saw Judy in there. She sighed, knowing that Raymond had told her, and she wasn't going to kick Judy out. Mira knew that mates weren't supposed to keep secrets from each other, and that was why she was fine with it. "I died when I was eighteen. Angels do not age. Some, like Gabriel and Raphael, can change the way that they look, which is why they look older than they are."

Judy ran over to Mira and hugged her, startling the girl. "I'm so, so sorry," she said, bursting out in tears. "You never got to raise a family a- and-" She hiccuped, causing Mira to pat her back. Deep pain coursed through Judy, and Mira knew that it was because Judy had wanted a big family but was only gifted with one child.

"I want proof," Raymond said. He sat down at his seat and stared at the Angel and his mate. Raymond clenched his fists together, and Mira could tell that he wanted to order Judy to get away from Mira.

"Raphael was proof enough," Judy snapped, causing Raymond to lower his head. She glared at her mate, and Mira could feel the anger and curiosity burning through her.

"I'll show you," Mira said, looking at Raymond. She didn't care that she had to show them her wings because her wings have been itching to get out for a while. "You want to see the wings, as well," Mira added, glancing at Judy. "It's in your aura."

Judy cocked her head in confusion, furrowing her brows. "Aura?" she asked.

"I have powers," Mira said, not going into detail.

Judy nodded her head. She was burning with questions, but she did not ask, and Mira was grateful because she did not want to explain everything. "Ok, show us, please," she said. She let Mira go and walked towards her mate, keeping her eyes on the older female.

Mira looked at the door and made sure that it was closed before she closed her eyes. Her back started to tingle, sending the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up. After a few minutes, her wings popped out and accidentally knocked over a lamp, causing Mira to wince.

Judy snickered while Mira opened her eyes. "Well, you have a large wingspan," she said, causing Mira to blush slightly. "No wonder you don't eat or sleep." She looked at the wing, and there was such awe in it, that it reminded Mira of a child. "Can I..."

Mira nodded her head, a small smile on her face. "Ya, you can touch it," she replied. "I don't need to eat, drink, nor sleep."

Judy touched her wing and felt how soft it was. "Do you miss it?" she asked in wonderment.

Mira shrugged. "Sort of," she replied, honestly. "It gets lonely at night when no one is around, and I don't have to train."

"You train?" Raymond asked, causing her to look at him. He looked at the wings, and Mira could see the awe in them that he was trying to hide.

Mira nodded her head. "I have powers that I need to learn and master, and I, also, need to keep training. I'm a Guardian Warrior Angel after all."

There was a knock on the door that made Mira, quickly, hide her wings and move closer to Judy and Raymond. Her whole body was tense, and if the two people looked closely, then they would see some of her powers leaking out. She was going to protect them from whoever was coming through the door.

"Come in," Raymond said. He glanced at Mira and for the first time saw the Warrior that she was. He was amazed that she was standing in front of them with her whole body tense.

The door opened and Tony walked in. He looked at Mira before looking at the lamp. "What happened to the lamp?" he asked, looking back at his parents and "mate". He raised an eyebrow.

"I, ummm, am sort of clumsy and knocked it over," Mira said, glancing down. Her powers died down when she saw that there was no threat. She blatantly ignored the snicker that Tony did, trying to talk herself out of hurting him. "Is it time to go?"

Tony nodded, smirking. "Are you ready?"

"Well, Nikolai was going to pick me up," Mira said, shrugging her shoulder. "I didn't want to be a bother to you."

Tony seemed to flinch at her sharp tone. "Well, I hope you have fun with your boyfriend." He scowled before turning around and walking out of the door.

Mira flinched at the door closing. "He's not my boyfriend," she muttered before looking at the Alpha couple. "Can you keep this a secret? I don't want anyone knowing just yet. They will soon, but not now."

They nodded their heads, and Mira left without another glance.

Her face was a mask, and it covered all the pain and sorrow that she was feeling. She should've listened to Nikolai and went back to his place. However, Mira was prideful and wanted to show people that she could handle what was thrown at her, even when she couldn't.