Chapter 7 (Edited)

Mira hopped out of the truck after Anthony pulled into a parking spot, not waiting for him to park. She knew that it was dangerous, but she could really care less. All she cared about was getting out of that cramped space and getting away from him.

Mira looked up to the sky, hoping that she could see an Angel or something from the life that she had left behind. Nothing appeared in her line of sight, and for the first time she felt sort of alone. "Please," she begged, her voice barely a whisper. "Please, send someone to help me get through this."

"Whoa there, Pretty Lady," someone said, grabbing Mira by the arm. The person's touch was soft yet firm, and it held Mira from falling down. The voice was filled with amusement, and she could tell that it was a male. "You should really watch where you are going."

Mira gasped in surprised and looked forward to see a male with a buzz-cut and brown eyes looking at her. Her eyes widened in disbelief, because she knew that she almost ran into him. "I'm so sorry," she said, blushing. "I-I didn't see you there."

"Maybe because your head was in the clouds," this new male teased. There was a small smirk on his face while he watched her, curiously.

Mira glanced down, her cheeks turning a darker shade of red. "Maybe," she replied, softly. "I'm Mira." She held out her hand and looked up at the 6 foot male in front of her.

The male smiled and shook her hand. "Jeffery," he said. "Now, where are you from? Heaven?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked, indicating he was teasing. "Because I think God had lost one of his Angels."

Oh, you have no idea, Mira thought. She shrugged her shoulder. "Around," she replied. "Do you mind if you help me? I'm kind of new, and I don't know anybody..." Her eyes drifted behind her where she saw a pissed off male and a worried looking female. A frown appeared on her lips when she saw that the male was holding her bag.

"Sure," Jeff said, while he followed her gaze. He grinned when Tony got close to them and waved. "Hey, man," he said. "Have you met Mira?" He gestured to the girl that moved beside him.

"We have," Anthony said, his voice stiff. He shoved the bag into Mira, causing her to wince from the amount of force he used to shove it at her. "Here, you forgot this in the truck."

"Thanks," Mira said, dully. She turned to look at Jeff. "Now, about the help?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jeff grinned and slung his arm across her shoulders. "Sure, Short Stuff. Daddy Jeff will show you all around school." He wiggled his eyebrows, causing the female to scrunch up her nose before shoving him off of her.

Mira grinned, happy that she might have found a friend. She didn't understand why Jeff wiggled her eyes, nor why Tony growled possessively, but she didn't really care. "Thanks, I really appreciate it."

"Not at all," Jeff said, guiding her into the school. "Anything for a pretty smile like that."

Mira couldn't help but giggle and blush, slightly. She shivered some, because she could still feel the heated gaze of the male behind her. She didn't turn around, knowing that it would add heat to the fire, and she wasn't about to do that.

***

"So, how do you know Anthony?" Jeff asked, looking down at the Angel.

Mira shrugged. "I live at his house," she replied. "I'm a transfer student."

"From?"

"England."

"Really? You don't seem to have an accent." Jeff glanced down at her. He could tell that she wasn't lying by the fact that her heart beat wasn't beating any faster than it did. "I'm sure it's sexy as hell."

Mira internally winced, but she didn't comment about it. "I've grown out of it," she replied, honestly. "My dad was from America and just moved back England." Now, that part was a lie, but Mira didn't want to tell him that she was from Old England, when knights and sword fights were practiced.

"I've always wanted to leave the States."

"Why?" Mira asked, curious.

Jeff shrugged. "Now, Short Stuff, we've only just met. I have my reasons, and I'm sure you have your reasons to be coming here. Not a lot of people come here."

"Why?"

"Because... everything is... well, different."

"Different?" Mira asked, amused. She knew that there were Werewolves, and she was sure that was why Jeff was acting strange by the fact that he wouldn't look at her and clear his throat every so often. "Different how?"

Jeff smirked and shook his head, calming down his racing heart. He had a good poker face, Mira had to admit. "That, I can not say. Come on, I'll take you to the office."

Mira shook her head before following him. She was grateful that he was going slow, because she knew that she would really have to go fast to keep up with him. That's one disadvantage of having shorter legs.