Chapter 32

"So, what have you two decided to do?" Bella asked, sitting down beside Mira and Tony.

It was lunch a couple of days from when Joan had told them that Mira had to go back to the Demon World to fight someone that was going to threaten this world. They both were pretty stressed out, and they had told the pack who she was yesterday. Most wanted to fight with her, and Mira was grateful for that.

"I'm going," Mira said. "The solstice is happening in a couple of days, and I'm supposed to be going there."

"Will there be fights here?" Jeff asked, sitting down next to them.

Mira nodded, grunting. "Yes," she replied. "I don't know how many Demons will be here, but Gabriel and Raphael will be leading a team to help down here."

"What about you? Are you going alone?"

"No, she'll have lovely me to help out," Nikolai said, causing Tony to growl softly. He smirked. "Don't be jealous al'fa (Alpha)," he teased, causing the Alpha to narrow his eyes.

"He will be helping me, but leading a group to make sure that I won't get killed," Mira said, narrowing her eyes at him. Warning flickered through her eyes, causing the other male to gulp nervously.

Nikolai held his hands up in defeat. "I won't," he said. "I won't." He was going to keep that promise, because he knew that if he did, then the world would probably be an awful place. He did not want that to happen.

***

Mira flicked her wings out and looked at the setting sun. Her face was blank while she watched, not caring that the light was almost all the way in her eyes. For a moment, her whole body was relaxed, even though she knew that it wouldn't be for long.

The day has come for the battle, and she didn't know if she would come out of it as the person that she was. If it was up to her, she would make sure that every other member was alive, except for her because she knew that a part of this was her fault, no matter what others said.

"Don't die," a voice from behind her said, causing her to turn around to face Nikolai.

"No promises," she said after she had studied him. "No promises at all."

"It's time," Nikolai said, looking at the sky. "Do you want t-?"

"No," Mira said, interrupting him. "I don't want to say goodbye to Tony." She sighed and fiddled with her wings. Pain filled her heart because she did not want to leave without him. However, she knew that it would be better if she didn't. "I don't want him to get worried about me."

"He's your mate. He'll worry about you."

Mira nodded her head, knowing that it was true. "Hopefully Gabriel will be able to protect him."

"And who will protect you?" Nikolai asked, looking up at her.

"No one," Mira said. "No one will protect me." Her heart broke, but it was the truth. No one was going to protect her. If she had the choice, then she would have done this alone.

***

Mira closed her eyes and let her body apparate to the demon lands. She opened her eyes when she heard a hiss and yells of the Warriors that she had brought with her.

Clashing of swords sounded through the darkest of the night while Mira unsheathed her sword as well. She sprung into action, wielding her sword like the trained master she was. Her breathing was leveled while she danced around on her feet, making sure that she wouldn't get hit by a swift wielder of a sword.

Every so often, Mira used her powers to save one of the other Angels in need, not using them for herself. She knew that she would have to when she faced the bigger person, but she wanted to save them for the people that needed it most.

A loud roar sounded through the clearing, causing the Angels to wince and fall back from their attacks. Dark tendrils of what seemed to be energy connected with the Angels, causing them to scream in agony while they were lifted up towards the heavens.

Mira killed Demon that she was facing before looking around, her blue eyes shining with anger. "Nikolai!" she called, spying the male. "Get everyone to fall back!" She raced forward trying to figure out what the thing was, hoping that it wasn't what she thought it was about.

"Mira!" Nikolai exclaimed, his plea falling on deaf ears. He cursed before starting to race towards the other Angels. "You heard her! Fall back!" He moved his hand around, getting the attention of the other Angels and creating them to fall back. A prayer filled his brain, and he hoped that she would make it out alive...