Chapter 9 (Edited)

Mira glanced into the classroom, feeling slightly nervous. She looked around at all the new faces, spotting a pair of brown eyes that she was familiar with. "I thought you said he was in a different class," she said, moving behind Jeff and away from Tony's stare. Her whole body was tense and warning bells came off in her mind.

"I thought so, too," Jeff said, frowning. He moved into the room, grabbing hold of Mira's hand. "Come on, let's find a seat." He didn't wait for her to say a word and pulled her into the classroom.

Mira nodded her head and let Jeff lead her. She didn't say a word, but she could feel Tony's judging gaze. She shivered, slightly, hating how Tony could make her feel so weak. She felt as if she wasn't an Angel but as that-

No, she scowled herself. She snorted and shook her head. Do not think about what he had placed you through. It will only lead to heartbreak.

"Mira?" a voice asked, breaking her from her thoughts. Concern filled the speaker, and she opened her eyes to see that she was staring into the golden, brown eyes of the boy that made her confuse. "Are you alright?" Worry filled his eyes as he studied her.

Mira blinked before nodding her head. "Uh, ya," she said, her accent coming out. "I was just thinking about somethings..." She glanced anywhere but into Tony's eyes. "Um... class is about to start, I think we should sit down."

Tony frowned and nodded his head. He didn't say a word but moved back to his seat, leaving the poor female alone and confused.

Mira sat down in a seat behind Jeff. She was still confused about Tony's behavior, but she knew that she couldn't dwell on it.

However, Mira couldn't help it. She couldn't help but dwell on it. Why did he act so tall and mighty and not have feelings for her one moment, and the next he was showing her kindness and compassion? What did she do to deserve that treatment? Or, was it how he was raised?

Mira snorted and shook her head. She knew that Judy wouldn't raise him like that. She knew that Judy wouldn't raise Tony to make him think that he was the superior species. She knew that Judy's mate wouldn't raise him like that either.

So, why did he act like that? Why did he act as if she wasn't important to him?

That was something that she did not know, nor did she want to find out.

***

Mira sighed, boredly, playing with her pencil. She had no idea why Gabriel wanted her to be at this school, but she could tell that she wasn't going to like it. Mira already knew Latin, so she stayed silent when her teacher called on other students.

"Who can tell me what Angel means in Latin?" the professor asked the class looking around. He paused to look at Mira, who was staring off into space. "Miss Nevaeh?" he asked, causing her to lift her head up from her hand. "Would you like to answer?"

"It's Angelus," she replied. "I already know these words, Sir," she added. "But, I don't think that you would like me to teach."

The teacher scowled as others started to laugh. "Then just shut up and pay attention. Do not sleep in my class or else I will make your tests harder."

She looked down and nodded her head, staying silent. She could feel his gaze on the back of her neck and shuddered. She didn't turn to look at Tony, even though she knew that he wanted her to.