Chapter 27

"Would you watch it!" Mira exclaimed shooting a ball of fire at Nikolai, dodging the one that he had thrown at her. Annoyance flickered on her face as she stared at the other Angel. "I like this shirt."

It had been two weeks since Mira and Bella did that "girls night", but with all the interruptions they had gotten, they decided not to have one. However, that didn't mean that they couldn't do one somewhere else, which they were planning to do this evening. They wanted to discuss... some things before it had happened.

"You weren't paying attention," Nikolai teased, moving the fire away from him. "What is up with you, anyway?" He looked at her and frowned when he saw that Mira looked nervous.

Mira sighed and shook her head. "Tony wants to properly introduce me to the pack," she said. "As the Luna." She bit her lip and chewed nervously. She had no idea how others would take it that she was an Angel and not some human that most thought.

"The Alpha Female? Why are you so nervous about it?"

Mira shrugged and moved a hand through her hair. "What if they don't like me?" she asked. "I mean, some of them had seen me fight, and most of them saw me around school or town." She shook her head and huffed. "I've only talked to Jeff and Bella until I had started to talk to Tony. He's been trying to get me to talk to others but I feel... out of place."

"What wouldn't they like about you?" Nikolai asked, his eyes softening a bit. He understood what she meant by feeling out of place. He had seen her struggle and had felt guilty for causing her more pain. "You are an Angel."

"With a lot of baggage." She shook her head. "The Elder Wolves might not like it that I am an Angel. And I still don't know if I can..." Her face turned red, and she looked away. Guilt gnawed at her system, even though she knew it was not her fault. She had no way of knowing that he would have killed her on that night so long ago.

"Can what?" Nikolai asked.

"Have pups," Gabriel said, appearing beside them. He stuffed his hands into his robe and flicked his wings, looking more like an Angel than anything. Worry and grief filled his eyes as he looked at Mira. "She is worried that she cannot have Pups."

Mira nodded her head and chewed her lip while she got her thoughts in order. "That's the problem," she said, finally. "I'm an Angel. I lived a life before this. I have no idea what I'm going to be doing. I have this whole pack that is going to count on me t-"

"Breathe, Mira," Nikolai commented, interrupting the panicking female. He placed his hands on her shoulders and started to do some breathing exercises.

Mira did as she was told to do and started to breathe. Her heart slowed down, and her palms stopped sweating. She could feel her body starting to relax and unwind. She felt her wings relax and lay flat behind her.

"You will be fine," Nikolai said, offering her a smile. He studied her as she started to relax. "You helped many people out and helped train a lot of good Angels. You were there when one of the higher-ups weren't and guided us when we needed it, not caring that you were stepping over bounds. You can do this."

Mira nodded her head, not really believing him. "What if..."

"What ifs are those things that can kill you," Nikolai said, smirking. "Don't think about the 'what if's'. Try to think of the good things that will be able to happen. You have someone to love you for you." He paused. "Even if you are hiding your past from him."

Mira raised an eyebrow. "Since when did you become so deep emotional?" she asked.

"Since the fight that you and I had way back when," he replied. "Now, go to your mate and tell him your fears. He'll probably be able to relieve some of the stress. Training will be conducted later on tonight." He flashed an annoyed glare when Gabriel just chuckled at the way that he was acting.

Mira huffed and nodded her head, knowing that she wouldn't be able to change his mind. A part of her was proud because he was finally becoming the Angel that was needed from him, no matter what he said. "Fine," she said before apparating away from them. Let's just hope that I don't screw this up...