Chapter 31

Tony moved a hand through his hair before backing up. "I love you, Mira," he said, softly. He closed his eyes, and his features turned harsher than Mira had ever seen. He gritted his teeth while opening his eyes, showing that they were a darkish green color. Hatred gleamed in his eyes, causing Mira to take a step back.

Mira took a deep breath and sighed, relaxing her body. "So you are Master Jones's Wolf," she said, her tongue switching back to Old English. She placed her hands behind her back and bit her lip, waiting for him to say something.

Tony, well his Wolf, looked her up and down and sneered. Disgust shone through, but there was this sense of grief in them that caused Mira to feel sorry for him. "And how would you know?" he spat, causing her to inwardly flinch. "You weren't alive during that time."

Mira shook her head and sighed. She flicked her wing, causing the Wolf to look at it. "I was," she said, taking a step forward. "I am one thousand one hundred and eighteen years. My name i-"

"If you say that your name is Mira Nevaeh, then I will kill you," he growled.

"My father already did that," she said, coldly, gesturing to the wings. "My name is Mira Weston," she said. "I am the daughter of Lord Michael Weston," she spat out his name as if it was poison.

Tony's Wolf blinked and took a deep breath, studying everything about her. "I-I remember," he, finally, whispered. He walked forward and placed his hand on Mira's face. "You're still as beautiful as the picture that your father had shown me." Guilt flickered through his eyes, and Mira couldn't help but wonder what he was guilty about.

Mira looked down, blushing. She bit her lip and nodded her head. "So, are you alright that I'm your mate?" she asked, softly. "I know that Tony is."

Tony's Wolf took hold of her chin and lifted her head up. He kissed her lips gently and nodded. "Yes," he said. "I'm sure."

Mira smiles and gives him a kiss back. "Good," she said, taking hold of his hand. She paused and took a deep breath. "Was it because of you that Tony was going to reject me?" She looked up at him, seriously.

Tony's Wolf rubbed the back of his neck, sheepishly. "Tony wants to come back," he said. He didn't wait for her to say anything while his eyes turned back to a golden color. He smiled sadly. "I'm sorry."

Mira smiled. "It's fine," she said, softly. She placed her hand on his cheek. "At least you didn't."

Tony kissed the palm of her hand. "Come on," he said. "I'm tired." He picked Mira up, causing her to squeak before laughing. He placed her down on his bed and laid down beside her. He yawned and closed his eyes and fell asleep, clutching her to him.

Mira sighed and ran her hand up and down his arm. She didn't know what to do, but she knew that she would never be alone. She had her mate and some people that she could trust to help her out in any situation. She was grateful and that was all that mattered.

So, for the first time in years, she closed her eyes and slept, clutching onto her mate and letting her wings cover them both.