Chapter 12 (Edited)

"So, is Nikolai an Angel too?" Bella asked, changing the subject. "And Tony was telling everyone to watch over him, because he didn't trust him."

"Awww, but I'm a nice person," Nikolai replied, appearing where they were at. He smirked at Bella. "Hello, lyubov moya (my love)," he said, smirking. He moved a hand through his black hair, causing the female to blush and look down. "And yes, I'm an Angel."

"Don't call her your love," Mira scowled. "We all know how you've acted in your Human years." She folded her arms across her chest and narrowed her eyes at the your male.

Nikolai frowned at Mira and shook his head. He didn't say a word but looked at Bella. "So, lyubov moya," he began, causing Gabriel to snort and Mira to roll her eyes. "What has that Alpha been talking about me?"

Bella glanced down, a blush on her face. "Just to keep you away from Mira," she replied, honestly. "He thinks you are going to hurt her, so the pack is under strict orders to make sure you stay away."

"I don't know why he wants me to be away from him when he doesn't want me," Mira said, rolling her eyes and shaking her head. She pulled her wings into her back and sighed. "Well, we should be getting to class." She looked at Gabriel. "Are we still good about giving me a week?"

"Actually, Raphael had bumped it up to a month," Gabriel said. There was a smirk on his face. "I have to go and do work. Bye." He disappeared leaving an awed Mira, confused Bella, and a laughing Nikolai.

***

"What did you mean by a week?" Bella asked, turning to look at Mira. There was this pained look in her eyes that caused Mira to look away with guilt. "Do you not want to be with us?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Mira sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I'm not good with... other Supernatural Beings or people, so it is nothing against you all," she said. "I had gotten the go ahead to just stay here for a week and then leave this place after it was up. I have realms that I need to protect from... others."

"But, she got bumped to a month." Nikolai said, smirking. "I guess Raphael knows about you having a mate, and I think he wants you to stay here."

Mira grumbled something under her breath and huffed. "I don't think he wants me," she admitted. She shook her head and moved a hand through her blonde hair, not wanting to talk about Tony's... behavior. "Come on, we have to get to class."

"I have your next class, so I can just take you," Bella said. She grabbed hold of Mira's hand and lead the female away from the room, leaving Nikolai still shaking his head and chuckling. "I'm glad you are here for a month," Bella said, finally. "It means that I can make you my friend."

Mira glanced down, her cheeks turning to a rosy pink. She had never admitted this, but she wanted a friend. She wanted someone she could trust, and she was glad that Bella wanted to be her friend. "I'd like that," she said, finally. "I'd like that a lot."