Chapter 30

Mira moved a hand through her hair and sighed. It was two hours after the meeting with Joan, and she still didn't know what to do, even though they were trying to come up with a plan.

She was by the ocean that she loved to go to when she was having conflicted thoughts, not on the dimension that she started to call her own. Her feet were bare, and she felt the warmth of the sand from the sun that had set an hour ago.

Her wings were out, and she was wearing her white Angel robe. It had been a while since she was in this robe, but it only came on her when she was in this dimension, or when she was at her home place. Mira couldn't believe that she hadn't been in either place for what seems to be a long time.

Mira shook her head, breaking herself from her thoughts. She felt the air shimmer around her and knew that someone was behind her. "I don't want to talk about it, Gabriel," she said, knowing it was him.

Gabriel walked from behind her and stood beside her. "Why is it that I usually find you here when you aren't feeling happy, Little One?" he asked, looking down at her.

"Because," Mira said, softly, ignoring the fact that he called her "little one". She knew that he would still call her that, no matter how much she protested. "This place is peaceful, and I need to be reminded that there is peace."

Gabriel sighed and looked down at her. "There's always going to be peace everywhere Mira," he said, looking at the ocean. "Tony is worried about you," he added, changing the subject. He knew what she meant about this place was peaceful. He had brought the young Angel here when she had started to become an Angel.

Mira rolled her eyes, a smirk appearing on her lips. "I'm surprised that you didn't bring him with you," she said, looking up at her protector and friend. She wasn't surprised that she wasn't in love with him, because all of her body and mind was in love with Tony. She knew that he would be the only one that could break her or build her up.

Gabriel chuckled and nodded his head. "You know that I can't bring him," he scowled, playfully. "He wouldn't like it."

"He, also, likes your judgment, Gabriel." She paused. "You might be the messenger Angel, but you are, also, a teacher and a friend."

Something bugged Mira. She didn't know why this hadn't come up in her thinking, but... Angels weren't supposed to have mates. However, why did she? Why was she one of the ones that did have a mate?

She scrunched up her face as the thought drifted into her mind. "Why is it that I have a mate, but Angels aren't supposed to?" she asked, looking at Gabriel. A frown was on her face when she saw that he wasn't answering off the bat. She could tell that he was hiding something and didn't like it. "Gabriel," she warned. "Why is it that I have a mate?"

Gabriel looked down and sighed, his shoulders sagging in defeat. "You were supposed to be betrothed to the male that had Tony's Wolf before," he, finally, stated. He didn't look her in the eye, and Mira could feel the guilt eating at him.

Mira touched the barely noticeable scar. She could remember her screams and cries when she was attacked by her father, and they haunted her at night when she was alone with her thoughts. "But my father killed me," she said. "Why?"

Gabriel shrugged. "A Demon was sent to him in a dream," he said, finally. "The Demon said some... stuff concerning your mother, and the Demon made sure to put all of the blame on you and your betrothed if you two went through with the mating."

Mira frowned. "Did he ever find out that I was his mate?" she asked, cocking her head. A bit of pain was in her heart, thinking how Tony's Wolf had felt if he had known that she was his mate but had been killed.

Gabriel shook his head no. "If he did, then I am sure that Tony would've known what had happened," he said.

***

With a heavy heart, Mira said goodbye to Gabriel before appearing beside Tony. She saw that he was asleep, clutching a shirt that she had worn earlier that day. A smile appeared on her lips while she started to make her wings go back into her back.

"Stay like that," Tony mumbled, opening his eyes. "I wanna see." He blinked, sleepily and sat up, yawning. He rubbed his eyes and smacked his lips, causing Mira to smile a little. He was such a little kid when they woke up that Mira couldn't help but go awe.

"I'm not a kid," Tony said, playfully glaring at her. "I am more than a kid." He got out of the bed, causing Mira to duck her head, blushing. He was only in his boxers, his muscles showing that he worked out.

There was some movement as well as a chuckle, causing Mira to shiver. "All dressed now," he teased, causing Mira to scoff and roll her eyes. There was a smirk on his face when Mira looked up to see that he only had placed jeans on, leaving his eight-pack on full view.

Mira looked down, blushing. "That is not getting dressed, Anthony," she said, her face turning a lighter shade of pink.

Tony chuckled again and lifted her chin so that she was looking into his eyes. "So beautiful," he muttered, caressing her cheek. "So, so beautiful."

Mira ducked her head and sighed. She knew that she was going to have to change the subject and hated putting a damper on the mood. "I want to talk to your Wolf, please." She didn't look at him, her emotions all over the place.

Tony stiffened and took hold of Mira's face to make her look at him. "Why?" he asked, a little harsh. His eyes were hard, and it looked like Tony did not want her to get hurt.

Mira hid back a wince and made sure that her face didn't show her feelings. "Because," she said, her voice stiff, causing Tony to wince and sigh. "I would like to talk to him, please."

Tony sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry, Mira," he said, softly. "My Wolf is older than most, and he had lost his betrothed on the night of his wedding. I can not let him out because I think he will hurt you."

Mira shook her head and smiled. "He won't," she said, putting her hand on his cheek. "Please, let me talk to him.*

Tony sighed and nodded his head. "Ok," he said. "Just... be careful. Ok?"

Mira kissed his jaw and smiled when he relaxed. "I'll try to be," she said in all honesty.