Chapter 20

"Oh, so a real Angel is here with us," a snarky voice said from behind Mira. "My, I haven't had one's blood in years. This one will be... delectable."

Mira whirled around and narrowed her eyes when she saw that it was a Demon talking to her. Power and anger filled her, and her whole body screamed to protect the pack. "Demon," she spat out, glaring at him.

The Demon smirked when Jeff growled and moved towards Mira. He watched the young Wolf stand next to her, deciding that the Wolf would be the first thing to go. "Such a shame that you didn't go with your father," the Demon tsked, shaking his head. He looked Mira up and down. "You are a pretty thing."

Mira scoffed and rolled her eyes. Her eyes flicked in different ways, watching the world around her. Her senses were on the male, and she would be prepared when he attacked. "That man is not my father. Not after he killed me."

"Are we going to stay and chit chat, or are we going to fight?" the Demon asked. He was getting tired of talking with Mira, even though he was the one that had started it. All he wanted to was get under the female's skin, and that seemed not to be working.

Mira glanced at Jeff, clutching her sword. Her wings were tucked in close to her body, but they were still out. "Call for backup." With that, she let out a battle cry and attacked the Demon. She knew that the Demon would be a bit difficult, but she didn't care. Mira cared about doing her job, and with the power and skill that she had, then she knew, well hoped, that she could protect them.

***

The Demon dodged one of Mira's attacks, but he grunted when Mira got his shoulder with the skill of a sword fighter. "Ooh, you know how to fight," the Demon said, tauntingly. He glanced at the cut on his arms before looking at the Warrior Angel. A sneer was on his face, showing the rotten teeth that some Demons possessed. "Your father would be so pleased."

Mira scoffed and rolled her eyes, trying not to let his words affect her. She blocked the Demon's sword, shuddering by the sheer weight of him before getting their swords unhooked. "That won't work on me," she warned, kicking at his legs.

The Demon snorted and rolled his eyes, jumping away from Mira's attack. "You think you are tough, but you are weak," he sneered. "That is why your mate doesn't want you."

Mira snorted and rolled her eyes, rolling away from the Demon's attack. Her broke when she heard that the Demon sneering about her mate but let the comment not get to her. "No, he doesn't want me because he is a nut head," she replied, shooting him down with a bit of lightning. "But, thanks to you, he knows what I am." She sneered. "Now, why don't you go back to where you came from?"

"Mira!" someone exclaimed, causing Mira to look that way. The person looked shocked to see Mira fighting, but she could not make out who it was. "Watch out!"

Mira didn't have time to comprehend what had happened because the Demon somehow knocked her to the ground. Pain was all that she felt, and she knew that the Demon would kill her in her weakened state. She stared at the Demon, trying to gather the energy to get up and hurt him.

The Demon sneered and was about to kill her when a Wolf jumped in front of her and growled. "Oh, so this is your mate," the Demon taunted. He looked at the black Wolf protecting the Angel. A smirk was on his face while he looked at the two of them. "Now, I can kill them-"

"Leave, Razal," a voice boomed, causing Mira to wince at the pain.

The Demon, Razal, seemed to mock flinch when he saw that two other Angels appeared on either side of the Wolf. "Ah, Gabriel and Nikolai," the Demon said, mockingly. He bowed, smirking. "It is so nice to see you. Come to protect your gem?" He glanced at Mira who was behind the three of them.

The Wolf growled, causing Nikolai to scoff and roll his eyes.

Mira blinked back the black spots and tried to sit up. She stopped herself from hissing in pain, knowing that it would cause the men to get distracted. Finally, after a couple of minutes, she stood and got her sword to appear in her hand, again. "Leave," she hissed, her eyes flashing dangerously. She shoved the Wolf out of the way and stood in front of the three of them. "And you'll get to live another day."

The Demon watched in shock while Mira stood. A small smirk appeared on Mira's face when the Demon's heart pounded slightly, the nervousness and fear coming off of him in waves. "We will get you," he warned before disappearing with the rest of the live Rogues. "And this is not the end."