Chapter 18

Mira walked into her first class followed by Nikolai. She paused when she saw the familiar face of Gabriel instead of Mr. Reeves. She widened her eyes in surprise and she had this dumbfounded look on her face because she had not expected the Archangel here, in her class.

"Move, Mira, you are blocking the way," Nikolai said. He moved her forward but paused when he saw that Gabriel was standing in front of the classroom, looking at the two younger Angels, with this amused expression on his face. "Oh, for the love of Heavens," Nikolai muttered. He groaned and moved a hand through his hair. "Why is he-"

Mira nudged Nikolai, shushing him before walking to a seat in the back and away from Jeff and Tony. Her heart broke when Jeff didn't acknowledge her, but she knew that she would have to live with it. 'Werewolves,' she warned Nikolai, telepathically. 'They will be able to hear what you are saying.'

"Miss Nevaeh and Mr. Anokhin, it is so nice for you to join us. Would it have killed you to be on time?" Gabriel asked, a smirk appearing on his face. He raised an eyebrow, looking at the two of them.

"That was so wrong on many different levels," Nikolai muttered, causing Mira to nod her head. "I'm sorry Mr...."

"Angelus," Gabriel replied.

"Right, Mr. Angelus," Nikolai said, trying to hold back his laughter. He snorted, causing Mira to smile a bit at the irony. "Miss Nevaeh-"

"Mr. Anokhin wouldn't get up and get ready until late," Mira interrupted him. "He told me last night that he would be where I live at six-fifteen, but he didn't get there until seven. If it wasn't for him, then I would be in class on time."

"We live in the same house, Mira. You could've just ridden with me," Tony said. He turned back and looked at the older female. Tony could feel the glares of Gabriel and Nikolai, and he was confused as to why they were glaring at him.

Mira sent him a glare, feeling her anger start to spike. She clenched her fists together and tried to get her anger under control. "What? After you left me at the movie theater last night?"

"You were taking a long time. I had to get school work done."

Mira shook her head and raised her hand. She could feel the slight vibrations in the Earth and knew that she had to get out of there before she did something that people didn't need to know. "Can I go to the bathroom please?" she asked, her voice holding no room for arguments. Mira did not need to look at Nikolai to know that he was shifting in his seat, uncomfortably.

"Of course," Gabriel replied. He frowned, worried. Gabriel knew that it would be hard for Mira to be in the same classes as Tony and hoped that she wouldn't blow up. He knew that she needed to release the energy building in her, so he let her off. "I expect you right back, though."

Mira nodded her head and left the room. Once she was sure that no one was close to her, she disappeared from the school building and appeared in a secluded part of the forest. She screamed and let all her anger out before keeling over and started to sob.

Rain fell on her and everything around her while her emotions battled with each other. She couldn't deal with this, not yet at least. All she wanted was to be watching over people and doing her job, but she was stuck babysitting Weres that didn't want her.

Mira was struggling, and she had no idea who to turn to to get help. She didn't trust Nikolai enough to tell him what she was feeling, and she was still confused about her feelings with Gabriel. So, Mira knew that she had to suck it up and deal with it.

Hopefully, this wouldn't cause her pain in the end...