Chapter 8 (Edited)

"So, let's see what classes you have," Jeff said, grabbing Mira's schedule before she had the chance look at it. His eyes widen in surprise and he grinned, excited about something. "Sweet, you have Latin with me," he said, sounding rather like a girl, causing Mira to giggle. He glanced at her, narrowing his eyes, playfully. "If you tell anyone..."

Mira shook her head, a smile flickering on her lips. She loved that she made a friend, even though she wasn't able to tell him what she was. "And if I do? What will you do?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jeff smirked and narrowed his eyes some more. "Tickle you, of course," he said, causing Mira's eyes to widen and shake her head. Jeff's smirk deepened, because he thought that this female was ticklish. "Thought so." He glanced down at the schedule again. "Well, I know that Anthony has three of your classes and lunch. I have two classes with you as well as lunch. The others... you're going to have to find someone else to hang with."

"Oh," Mira said, disappointed. She took her schedule and looked it over.

1st class: Latin

2nd class: Advance Language Arts

3rd class: Art

Lunch

4th class: Advance Biology

5th class: Advance US History

6th class: Chorus

7th class: Gym

Mira shuddered, not knowing what was going to happen. She didn't know if she would be able to be in a class with Tony without killing him. Mira was sure that she wouldn't be able to handle him mocking her every so often. "What classes do I have with you?" she asked, looking up at him. "And what classes do I have with Tony?"

Jeff grabbed hold of Mira before leading her somewhere. He didn't say anything to Mira's feeble protest, only following the taller male. "You have Latin and Gym with me," he said. "With Anthony, you have Advance Biology, Art, and Gym."

Mira sighed and started to run a little to keep up with Jeff's long legs. "Where are we going?" she asked. She looked around, trying to make sure that she knew where she was going as well as making sure that no one would try to run her over. She knew that she was going to have to control her anger if someone did.

Jeff grinned and looked down at her, his eyes sparkling playfully. He moved her out of someone's way, keeping her close. "To take you to your locker and then get to class," he replied. "Is that alright, Angel?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Mira shrugged. "As long as we make it to class early, then we'll be fine," she replied. "And don't call me Angel."

Jeff didn't say a word while he lead her the rest of the way to her locker. All he did was look down at her and smirk.

***

"And this, Lovely Angel, is your locker," Jeff said, again calling her "angel" again.

"Why are you calling me that?" Mira asked, tensing. She studied him, trying to figure out what he was getting out. Her whole body was tense, and she could hear warning bells going off in her head. "Do you know something that I don't?"

Jeff shook his head, causing the female to relax a bit. "No," he said. "You just look like an angel is all. Why? Is there anything that you are hiding from me?" He raised an eyebrow and stared down at the Angel.

Mira shrugged, upset that she couldn't tell him that she was an Angel. She was sure that he would be able to keep it a secret, but she knew that it could lead her into grave danger as well as him. "Not really," she replied, lying. "I just miss Britain."

"Did you have any friends?" Jeff asked, looking at the other page and putting in her locker combination. He looked in and saw that it was bare and frowned. "Well, I guess we are going to have to get you your books," he added.

Mira shrugged. "One," she replied, honestly. "There was a big age gap between us." She didn't care that she was going to get the books, because she knew that she will be getting them soon.

Jeff nodded his head. "I'm sure that there was a height differences, also," he said with a smirk. He closed the locker door before grabbing her hand. "Come on, I'll show you to class."

"What about my next class?" Mira asked, worried. "How will I get there?"

"I'll show you," he said. "It doesn't matter if I'm a bit late. 'Sides, you can count me as your guide until you get on your feet and know where everything is."

Mira smiled. "Thank you," she said, honestly. "I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't taken me under your wing."

"Don't mention it," Jeff said, smirking. "You can help me with my passing classes, and we'll be even."

Mira chuckled and nodded her head. "Of course," she said. "I'll try to help you in anyway that I can."