Chapter 29

"Why is he here?" Nikolai asked, disgust evident in his voice. A glare was on his face, and Mira could feel his power seeping out. He looked at the Demon before them, hating the Demon more and more.

Tony frowned. "Mira i-"

"Not you," Joan interrupted, his voice holding pain in it. "Me. Would you cut out the whole magic thing?"

Nikolai looked at Mira, frowning. "H-"

"He has information, and this is the only safe place that I know about. I won't take him to a pack filled with Werewolves because I do not trust him."

"Awww, but we had such good times together, Mira," Joan said.

"I would suggest that you do not do that," Tony growled. "I just need one more excuse to cut your head off."

"I won't die. Not unless Razal has my head." Joan rubbed his neck, grimacing. "He's trying to raise Grendol."

"Grendol?" Gabriel asked, walking towards them. He narrowed his eyes at Joan but didn't do anything when he saw Mira's warning look. Dislike was evident in his eyes, but he knew better than to test Mira's patience. "Why is he trying to raise him up?"

"Death and destruction of the Angels, I presume," Joan replied. "Can we talk about this in a "safer" place? Razal has been putting Demons on me when he saw that I was conversing with you." He glanced at Mira.

Mira frowned but nodded her head. She led the way to the training room that was a safe place for the Angels. She was the last one in, making sure that only her blood will be able to open it before to look at Joan. "All right," she said. "Start speaking."

Joan sighed and moved a hand through his hair. "Razal is powerful. Some say that he is more powerful than Lucifer."

"But that doesn't make sense," Nikolai said. "Lucifer is one of the most powerful Demons in this dimension."

"Unless Razal isn't from this dimension," Mira said. There was a frown on her face while she calculated. "Was he in..."

Joan nodded. "And when you used your guidebook, it caused him to be released."

She groaned. "Now, I guess I'm going to have to go back?"

Joan shook his head. "You can't go back. If you do, then he would instantly rise. Your blood..."

"My blood has been spilled," Mira confirmed. "However, I will not let someone else go. It's my fault in the first place."

"You've been gifted with a mate. Do you think he'll let you?" Joan looked at Tony.

Mira looked at Tony as well, frowning. She hated the fact that she was shorter than all of the people here. However, she knew that even though she was this size, she was able to take care of herself. She had proved it time and time again.

Tony looked at her, a pained expression on his face. "I can't stop you, can't I?" he asked, his voice filled with hurt and heartbreak.

"I can't let him, whoever he is, rise," Mira confirmed. "And I don't know who I will be able to trust." She gave a pointed look at Joan, who raised his hand in mock defeat.

"Don't look at me, Princess," he said. "I am not going to let you fall." There was a grimace on his face. "Your father..."

Mira snorted, interrupting him. "I know," she said, disgust filling her voice. "I know that that pig will be trying to stop me. I'm surprised he hasn't made an appearance yet."

"He is in the lower banks," Joan confirmed. "However, if this person rises, then it's safe to say that he will rise as well."

"Good, because I really want to show him how pathetic that I have become," Mira sneered. Power shone in her eyes, and she let the other see that she was not an Angel to be messed with.

"Remind me not to get on her bad side," Joan said, causing Gabriel to snort in agreement.