Chapter 15

Bella paused and pushed Mira back before they made it into the living room. There was this gleam in Bella's eye that made Mira feel slightly uncomfortable. "Wait for me to introduce you," she mouthed, causing Mira to frown and shake her head. Bella smirked and waltzed, ignoring the other female's plea.

"Lord, give me strength," Mira muttered, taking a deep breath. She wiped her sweaty hands on her skirt, not knowing why she was such a bundle of nerves. Mira had been in worse situations, and she had not been this nervous. So, why was she so nervous about being introduced to these people that she had "known" for two weeks?

"It is because one of the people in there is your mate," someone to her left said, "and, even though you don't want to be attracted to him, you are."

Mira turned towards her left to see that it was Raphael as well as Tony's father. Mira nodded her head in respect to the Archangel. She was curious as well dreading the reason as to why Raphael was here. The last time she heard from him was Gabriel sending the message that she would be there for a month. "I didn't realize that I said it out loud," she apologized.

Raphael smirked and tapped his head, causing Mira to roll her eyes. He didn't say a word while he studied the female, turning serious. "How are you?" he asked, seriously.

"Good, Sir," Mira replied, looking down. Mira did not know how she was feeling, so she did not how to tell this male as to how she felt. She turned her head when she heard a loud and obnoxious clearing of the throat and was grateful for the interruption. Mira scrunched up her face together because she did not like being called on like that.

"I'll talk to you later," Raphael said after he chuckled at her look. He nodded to Tony's father, who was looking at her with this curious and wary gaze. "He knows what we are, so does Judy. Tell him when you are ready."

Mira nodded her head. "Of course," she said. She turned towards the door, ignoring the curious look that Tony's father gave her. She took a deep breath and calmed herself before she walked in, hearing Bella call for her.

"Well, dang," Jeff commented, moving forward. He grinned and looked her up and down, not even trying to make her feel uncomfortable. "Look who is all dressed up for a movie." There was a teasing bit in his voice, causing her to blush.

"I know, didn't I do good on her makeup, though?" Bella asked, teasingly. She squeezed Mira's cheek, causing her to groan and swat at her hand.

"So, are we going or not?" Mira asked, ignoring the feeling of being watched by Raymond. She shifted on her feet, feeling nervous. She could tell that Raymond wanted to take her away from the group to actually get answers out of her, and she was sure that there were some that she would not be able to answer.

"Ya, let's go," Bella said. She grabbed hold of Mira and pulled her towards the car.

Mira, finally, looked at Tony, whose eyes seemed to darken when her eyes landed on his. She turned back around, her face turning slightly pinkish. Mira felt a bit flustered because she can pick up the lust that seemed to take over them.

***

"Well? How did you like the movie?" Bella asked Mira when they were leaving the movie theater. "Clean for you?" She nudged the other female, teasingly.

"I actually enjoyed it," Mira said. "Who knew that animation movies could be so good." She took a sip of the Coke that she had gotten, wishing that she could taste at least some of it. Mira hadn't been able to say no to drinks because Jeff had already ordered for her before she could say anything.

"Wait, didn't you see movies like that when you were a kid?" Jeff asked, glancing at her curiously.

Mira shook her head. "We didn't have television or movies back then," she said, honestly. "We had plays but that was it."

"We are going to give you a Disney binge," Bella said, grabbing hold of Mira's arm and jumping up and down. Her eyes were bright with excitement and probably from all the sugar she had received. "Yes, I can finally show my happiness of The Lion King to someone who might enjoy it."

"Disney?" Mira asked. She cocked her head as she pulled her arm away from Bella and sent her a look to stop her from trying to grab her arm again.

"Ya, like Walt Disney?" Tony asked, raising an eyebrow. He scowled and glanced her up and down, pursing her lip. "Are you stupid or something?"

Mira didn't let that affect her. Well, she tried not to let it affect her. However, it caused her to feel slightly hurt. "I know Walt Disney," she replied. "He's actually a great man. I've heard that he was famous."

"How do you know Walt Disney?" Jeff asked, looking at her weirdly. He studied her as if he had found a new object to discover. "He died in 1966, so how can you know him?"

Mira flinched, realizing her mistake. She tried to make her heart not beat so fast because she knew that they would be able to hear it. "I-I..." She looked around, trying to find something that will help her.

Finally, after a ton of looking around, she spotted a male in the shadows. A frown appeared on her face when the male looked at her and gestured her over.

"I'll meet you all at the car," Mira said. Her whole demeanor changed because she did not like the person that was watching them. "I think I left something in the restroom." Her voice was stiff, and she was praying that they would let her leave without any interruption.

"You didn't go to the restroom though," Bella said, instantly. She frowned and studied the Angel as if she was trying to find out the reason that Mira wanted to leave them.

"Well, I guess I have to leave something then," Mira replied sharper than she intended. She huffed and rubbed the bridge of her nose. Her whole body was tense as she tried to stop her power from going over them to protect them from the other person. "Sorry, I am just annoyed right now."

Bella frowned and studied Mira some more before she nodded her head. She seemed to get that Mira needed to leave to make sure that there wasn't any trouble around them. Her nostrils flared a bit as she tried to pick anything out of the ordinary, but she couldn't. "All right. I think I might have left my phone in the bathroom. Can you make sure?"

Mira nodded her head before walking towards the restroom. She ignored Jeff when he said that he had found Bella's phone. All she cared about was wondering why that.... male was watching her. Her whole body wanted to transform into her Angel self, but she kept it back because she knew that she had to talk to that Demon, and she did not want to scare him away.