Chapter 26

"So how are things with "lover boy"?" Bella teased while Mira sat down next to her.

It was a Saturday night, and Mira and Bella had prepared a girls night. Sure, they hung out almost every day after school, but it was waiting on Jeff and Tony to get out of practice. They were in hearing distance, so they made sure to keep their comments to themselves. That meant that they couldn't talk about boys nor anything else.

"It's fine," Mira said, shrugging her shoulder. She scrunched up her nose when Bella still had a stupid smirk on her face. "What? Is my hair all right?" She patted it down, hoping that it wasn't sticking out on ends. Angels were known to be beautiful creatures, but sometimes... when she made out with Tony, there was evidence of the make-out session.

Bella laughed and shook her head. "No, it is fine," she said. She wiggled her eyebrows, her smile turning into something that resembled the Cheshire Cat grin. "Though, I'm sure that Tony likes to mess it up." She nudged Mira in the arm, causing the female to shift away.

A ghost of blush appeared on Mira's face while she looked away. She licked her lips, and if her feathers were out, then she would be ruffling them. Mira knew what Bella was talking about and didn't want to disclose any information. "I... don't know what you are talking about," she said, simply.

"Mmhmm," Bella said, a smirk appearing on her lips. Again, she nudged Mira, causing the other female to move. "Just no children until I'm 20. I don't want to be a young aunt." She wagged her finger and scowled playfully.

Mira gave her a look and raised an eyebrow. "And who said that you would be an aunt?" she asked.

"Since I spotted you, Bella replied, sticking her tongue out at her.

Mira shook her head, chuckling. "Whatever you say," she said. "Though I do not know if I will be gifted with giving birth." She played with the Angel wing that Tony had given her on her first date. She couldn't believe that it had been a month since they had both accepted each other and hoped that they could have a long and prosperous life.

"What do you mean?" Bella asked. "Tony needs an- oh." A frown appeared on her face when Bella figured out what Mira meant. Pity filled her eyes, and Mira couldn't help but hate it.

"Ya, oh," Mira said. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She forced a smile on her face, though she knew that Bella could see right through it. "Let's not worry about that. Let's watch movies and eat ice cream." She shoved the thought of not being able to produce an heir out of her mind, not wanting to worry about it.

"You can't eat anything," Bella teased.

"Ya, but you aren't eating all this ice cream by yourself," Mira shot back, smirking. She grabbed the quart of ice cream and a spoon. "'Sides, I can't really taste anything." With that, she opened the tub of ice cream and started to eat it. "But, I can still eat it," she added with a mouth full of food.