Chapter 19

It had been two weeks since Gabriel started to become a teacher at the school, and Tony did that stupid Alpha Command on his pack. Raymond and Judy didn't know about it, but they knew that something was up when everyone seemed to get quiet around her. However, they didn't question it because Mira had told them not to worry.

Gabriel helped as much as he could to try and find out the reason for the command, but it wasn't enough. There was no reason why to explain Tony's rash behavior. And, this caused Gabriel to get angrier and angrier each time Tony opened his mouth to say something mean to Mira.

However, that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was when it was the evening, and Mira had to endure pain, pain that she didn't want to wish on anyone else. Mates were forever and were connected. If someone did something with someone else, then the other would feel it. And, Mira felt Tony having sex with different females every night, disrupting her practice times with Nikolai and Gabriel.

Mira wasn't doing that well either. Not only was she losing what little color she had, but she was also starting to have dark circles underneath her lifeless eyes. She still tried to do her training, but she had become weaker than the strong Warrior Angel that she had been. Her mate didn't want her, nor did he reject her, and this caused Mira more pain than others.

Another thing that Mira did was skip all meals, saying that she wasn't hungry, which was partially true. She wasn't hungry because she was "dead", but she didn't want to be in the same room as everyone else.

When Mira was at school, she would skip some classes and go straight to the library. That was where her sanctuary was at, the library, with all the books in it. She read all the books in there and found some sort of happiness because she was able to disappear from the world and pain around her.

"Mira," someone said, snapping their fingers underneath her nose, interrupting her thoughts.

Mira blinked startled. "Huh?" she asked, blinking again to remove her blurry vision. She saw that Gabriel was in front of her, and the whole class was looking at her, except for the Werewolves. "Oh, um... I didn't hear the question," she said, her face turned slightly red. "Can you repeat it, please?"

"Are you alright?" Concern filled his eyes as he looked her up and down. Worry and fear were written over his face, and Mira knew that he was scared that he was losing his Apprentice.

Mira nodded her head, even though she wasn't fine. "Yes, Mr. Angelus," she said, blankly. "I'm fine."

***

Mira walked out of the school when lunchtime came. She couldn't be in there. She couldn't be around her mate because he was flirting with a lot of females and making out with some. She sighed and moved a hand through her hair while she walked through the woods, enjoying the peace and serenity that the woods brought her.

Rustling sounded through the thick bushes, causing Mira to freeze. A growl followed the rustling and three huge Wolves came out of the thick bushes and stared at her with narrowed eyes. One of them shifted in front of Mira, causing Mira to look away.

"Well, well, well," the male said. "What do we have here?" He looked Mira up and down before starting to circle around her. "My, aren't you a pretty little thing," he said. "Why is a little one like you by yourself?"

Mira didn't answer. Her whole body was tense while she gathered some magic around her. Hopefully, she'll be able to conquer her magic to stop them from hurting her or the people at the school. She gasped in pain while she was backhanded.

"You were supposed to answer, you stupid girl," the male snarled. He narrowed his eyes and bared his teeth. "And look at me when you are talking."

Mira rubbed her cheek before giving the male that slapped her a dangerous look. Her whole body screamed in protest as she gathered her magic, but she didn't care. "Didn't your mother tell you not to hit a female?" she asked, her jaw popping back in place.

The male sneered. "Didn't your moth-"

There was a growling sound and someone shoved Mira back, causing her to fall against the trees. "Leave," the male, Jeff said. His whole body was tense and shook with anger, and Mira could tell that he was angry at Tony. "Do not make me call the Alpha."

"Awww, is that your mate?" the male cooed. The male smirked when Jeff growled louder. His eyes were wide, and there was this wicked gleam in them. "No! It's your Luna."

Jeff snarled and looked at Mira telling her to run. His eyes held this protective gleam, and Mira could tell that he would protect her.

Mira watched in shock as Jeff launched himself at one of the Wolves, transforming into the beautiful creature. Her whole body was tense, but she knew what she had to do. So, when one of the Wolves was about to attack Jeff from behind, she used her telekinesis and threw him into a tree, causing him to yelp and limp.

Jeff turned to look at the noise before looking at Mira. He didn't see the Rogue sneaking up behind him, but Mira did and sent a ball of fire at that Rogue, killing him.

"Pay attention," Mira snapped at him, conquering her sword. She narrowed her eyes when she heard a howl from one Rogues, knowing that he had signaled for backup.

Jeff looked at Mira in shock while Mira let her wings out. He was uncertain about this person, and Mira knew that he was cautious. However, Jeff knew that this creature was his Luna, so he would protect her as Mira would protect him.