Chapter 21

Mira sighed with relief when he was gone and fell to the ground. She closed her eyes, grimacing at the pain she felt in her body. Her whole body was tense, as she tried to heal herself but couldn't.

"Mira," Gabriel said, causing Mira to open her eyes and look at him. Concern filled his eyes as he took in the other Angel on the ground. "Are you alright?" He held out his hand, offering it to the female, so she could stand.

Mira tried to give him one of her famous smirks, but it turned into a grimace. "I would say peachy but..." She grabbed hold of Gabriel, groaning slightly as he helped her up. "What was that?"

"The blast?" Gabriel asked. "Very, very dark magic that only Demons use." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, keeping his other arm around Mira to stable her. "Nikolai, go tell Raphael what had happened. Have him make sure that reinforcements will be able to help. If Razal is in this, then we will need-"

"Ok, who are you people?" Tony asked, interrupting Gabriel. He glanced at the three Angels after he had shifted into human form and pulled on some pants.

"I'm Nikolai," Nikolai said, speaking slowly as if he was talking to a child. He gestured to himself before pointing at Mira. "That is-"

"He means what are you?" Gabriel said, amusement, causing Mira to smile slightly. He looked at Tony, his whole body tensing. Gabriel didn't like the way that he was treating Mira, but he had had been given orders not to interfere. "We're Angels."

Tony scoffed and rolled his eyes. He folded his arms across his chest and narrowed his eyes at the three people. "Angels aren't real," he said.

"Neither are Werewolves," Nikolai piped up, causing Mira to smirk. He gestured to Mira, who's wings were still out. "But, it looks like both of us do exist." A smirk appeared on his face, causing Tony to growl. "Now, if you'll excuse me. We need to get Mira back to my place."

"Nikolai," Gabriel warned, causing Mira to snicker softly. He gently got Mira into his arms and carried him close to her. "Let's go." He looked at Tony. "Take off that Alpha order and then Nikolai will take you to where we are." He didn't look at Tony's parents, knowing that they were there.

Mira smirked, slightly while they disappeared and into the guest bedroom of Nikolai's house. She knew that Tony was going to get an earful from his parents, and she couldn't help but wonder if that would change his mind.

If it doesn't, then what will change his mind and treat her right?

***

Mira blinked her eyes, waking from the coma that she had been placed in. She groaned and clutched her chest, hating the fact that she was still feeling the pain of a week ago. She glanced around, her blue eyes still blurry and filled with sleep. All her muscles groaned in protest as she sat up, but she did it anyway.

"I see that you are awake," someone said, their voice making her tense. There was a sigh beside her, causing her heart to flutter. "Mir-"

"Don't," Mira warned, not looking at him. "Don't Mira me, Tony," she said, her voice breaking, slightly. "I know that you've been here for the week." She pushed the covers from her legs before moving out of Tony's grasp, not wanting to be touched by him. "Leave me alone."

"This is, basically, your fault, you know," Tony said. His head turned to the side when Mira slapped him full force, that he was surprised that he didn't get whiplash. He clutched his cheek and stared at Mira with shocked filled eyes.

"Don't you dare even say that this is my fault," Mira warned, her blue eyes shining with anger. "I did not have to tell you that I was an Angel. You were supposed to love me for the way that I was, the way that I am. But no, you had to be an asp and try to make my life miserable." She clutched her hands together and looked down at them to see that they were shaking. "You didn't even get to know me." Her voice broke, and Mira hated how Tony made her feel.

She, she was attracted to him. She didn't know if it was because of the mate bond, but somehow Tony was always on her mind, even if she didn't want him to be. He was there in the back of her mind when she tried to push him out.

"I suggest that you leave, Tony," a hard, male voice said at the door. There was a hint of anger in it, and Mira knew that whomever at the door was pissed. "Let Mira get some rest."

"I thought Angels don't have rests," Tony spat, glaring at Mira.

Mira's jaw clenched, but she didn't say a word. There was no need to. She already knew that Tony just hated her. She knew that there was no way to change his mind about his feelings for her.

"Leave," the male, Gabriel, said. "Do not make me tell your cousin. Be glad he doesn't already know, even though I have a feeling that he does." Warning filled his voice while confusion filled Mira.

"You wouldn't tell Raphael," Tony warned. He narrowed his eyes while he tried to calm his heartbeat. He already knew that his cousin would have his hide if he had ever found out about the way he had treated Mira.

"Don't test me, Boy," Gabriel said, anger filling every word. "Just wait, and I'll show you who the bigger man is."

"Go," Mira said, not looking at Tony. "We will talk about this later, and I hope that you do not blame me for this crap that happened. It wasn't my intention to have a mate, nor to leave Heaven unless I had some business that I needed to take care of." She looked at Tony, her blue eyes clouded with anger and hurt. "You've made your decision about not wanting me when you made me lose my only friends."

Tony looked at Mira, frowning. "What about this Nikolai?" he asked. Disgust and jealousy filled his voice, causing Mira to scoff and roll her eyes.

"Not friends yet," a male voice said from behind Gabriel. Nikolai walked into the room and smirked at Mira's questioning gaze. "I was coming to check up on you," he said before turning to the glaring male. "I had a small-"

"Huge mishap," Mira interrupted, causing Gabriel to chuckle softly and earning a pointed look from Nikolai.

"A small mishap in which almost lead Mira to be killed. Thankfully, Mira was an Advanced Warrior, meaning that she had been able to fight them off." He placed his hand over his chest. "I was merely a Novice Warrior at the time, and I didn't know what they would, nor could do."

Mira rolled her eyes but didn't comment. She was tired of having to argue with him, even though she knew that she was right and Nikolai was wrong.

Tony blinked and looked at Mira before looking at the other two males. "I still think it's your fault," he said to Mira before leaving the room.

Mira's heart broke, and she had this pained expression on her face. She did not have to say a word to the other two men to let them know how she was feeling. Everything about her was tired, and all she wanted to do was go back up to heaven and live out the rest of her days fighting.

"Wait it out," Gabriel said. Pity filled his eyes as he looked at the younger female. He knew that she was wanting to leave and not come back, and he wanted to take her away from him. However, he knew that it wasn't his place to do it, no matter what he felt for her. "He'll come around."