Chapter 3: Her Fate's Wick

"Are you all set princess?" Her father asked her when he saw her went out of their room. He smiled to her and gave her the lunchbox he prepared earlier. "I'm sorry you have to transfer school and leave your friends. But i promise you, you will enjoy your new school and you don't have to worry because Jiyong will be there with you."

"But he hates me appa." Dara frowned as she pouts her lips.

"He doesn't hate you. Its normal for him to act that way to a stranger. Did you hear what Mr. Kwon said?"

"That he's kind?" Dara said while looking at his father.

"Yes, and?"

"And....he needs help?"

"Exactly." Shin-yang smiled at her. "And i know how helpful my princess can be. Right?"

"Yes appa. I'l be his friend." She answered while stretching her arms in the air.

"That's my girl. Now give appa a hug."

Dara giggled and hug his father tightly. They went out and headed to the garage where several cars were parked. Mr. Kwon already briefed him on which car should they use whenever he will drive them to and from the school. He also gave him the schedules of each one of them to be his guide.

As soon as Jiyong went out, Shin-yang immediately took his bag and opened the car door for him to step in. Dara was about to follow him but Jiyong abruptly raised his hand to stop her. "I don't want anyone sitting beside me." He declared as he glared at her.

They were both taken aback by what he said as Dara immediately halted on her spot. "Oh. Its ok. You can sit in front Dara." Shin-yang said and closed the door at the back. She nodded and went in front as his father opened the door for her.

Shin-yang immediately started the engine as soon as he got inside the car, ready to drive them to school. "Buckle up!" He excitedly said that earned a giggle from Dara.

The drive will only take them 30 minutes but it felt like the whole day already passed because of awkwardness. Shin-yang stole a glance at Jiyong from the rearview mirror and decided to ask. "Are you alright there Jiyong-sshi?

Jiyong briefly looked at him and stared back at the window. He heaved a deep sigh before answering. "Yes adjussi."

Shin-yang smiled and continued to drive. Upon reaching their destination, he immediately opened the door for Jiyong and was about to do the same for Dara but she beat him to it while smiling widely. "Aishht! Why didn't you wait for me?"

"Because i'm a big girl now appa." She said and giggled when his father ruffled her hair. It didn't escape Jiyong's ears which made him more irritated. He hissed and immediately walked past them heading towards the gate, no intentions of waiting for her.

"Ok princess, be careful in there ok? Always be in your best behavior. Make friends if you can, i want to hear lots of stories later at home alright?" Shin-yang reminded her as he gave her a hug and send her off towards the gate. She waived goodbye and watched as his father sped off.

"Ahhh, i can do this. Fighting!" She whispered to herself as she raised her fist in the air.

The class started and as expected, Jiyong is one of her classmates. He was seated at the far corner of the room beside the windows. Their teacher called for her in front to introduce herself. She doesn't know why but she really felt nervous as she walked towards her teacher. She's usually energetic from her previous school, always in high spirit but this time, its different. Maybe, because her classmates were giving her an odd stare in a negative kind of way.