Chapter 10: Guilt

DARA'S POV

The bell rang at the end of the class and i hurriedly stuffed my things inside my bag. I ran out of our room and headed towards my locker to get and return some of my books. Gosh! I feel like i joined a marathon because of my speed. I already slid a note to Bom's locker that i'l go on ahead of her because i still have to do some errands. But in truth, i have to head home and inform Appa about the trip before his working hours starts or else there's no way i can ask his permission because of his busy schedule. He told me the exact times that i can only call him because they will be changing destinations, from one place to another. Well, except emergencies of course but i don't think that my current situation falls under the emergency category. Now, the first chance that i can call him will be in an hour which is what i'm after, and the next will be on Thursday which is the day of our field trip! I can't miss the first one or i'm doomed.

Ehem, In case you are wondering why do i have to go all the way home just to make a phone call is that, one, i left my phone on our dining table when Appa and i had a father-daughter talk this morning. Two, i can't borrow Bom's phone because i don't want Appa to think that i'm using my best friend to have his approval. It happened once before and i don't have plans to repeat it again. Three, i don't want to borrow Jiyong's phone because...i simply don't want to. Ok, now back to my running spree. 

I ran as fast as i could, avoiding every student that blocks my way. This school is really big that i'm already running out of breath because of exhaustion but my eyes went wide when i finally saw the gate. Almost there Dara! I smiled to myself upon seeing that i was only a meter away but almost choked to death when somebody gets a hold of my collar stopping me from my tracks. That someone pulled me and pressed me against the wall.

"Where are you going hmm?" Uggghh its Jiyong. Why am i not surprised?

"Home! Where else?" I asked as i tried to free myself from his grip.

"Home? Do i have to remind you over and over again about your duti ...mmphmmph!" I didn't let him finish as i placed my palm over his mouth to shut him up. I don't have time for this.

"Where's your car?" I snarled as he whipped my hand away from his face.

"The parking lot of course. What's the rus..."

"Let's go!" I cut him off again and pulled his wrist towards the parking lot. I only have less than an hour to reach home and i hope we won't be caught up in rush hour because trains are much more faster compared to a car stuck in traffic!

The jerk must have sensed that i'm really in a hurry so he did his best to slow us down. He feigned that his foot is aching and kept saying that we have to walk slowly to avoid getting himself a sprained ankle or worst a fracture.

"Oh common Jiyong! Hurry up!! I know you're faking it!"

"No i'm not. It really hurts...aaahhhgg." He dramatically said as he clutched to my arm to regain his balance. I scrutinized his face to see if he's telling the truth but he must be really good in acting because he looks like he really is in pain. Fine, it will be a lot faster if I'll help this evil monster first.

I grabbed his arm and draped it around my shoulder to assist him. Gosh, He's heavy but not as heavy as when he was drunk. "Jiyong, give me the key." I said as i struggled to hold him. He gave me the key of his car and i immediately opened the back door. I scoot him inside and buckled his seatbelt to keep him in place. Ok, Dara. You can still make it.