Chapter 57: Lost

DARA'S POV

Numb. That's all I am right now. I can't feel anything. After Mrs. Kwon left, I went back inside our building, dragging my feet as if a ball and chain is attached to one of my ankles. I don't even know how I managed to come up here in one piece.

I stood in front of the mirror here inside the restroom and stared at my pathetic looking face. Puffy eyes, stray hair going just about anywhere around my face and neck, sweats trickling down the side of my forehead like I just finished a triathlon. I looked at the girl staring back at me with equal intensity trying hard not to blink because if I did, I'm afraid that one of us will break down. Yes, that's me being pathetic and looking like a loser. Am I going crazy? Maybe I am because the voices i heard earlier keeps repeating inside my head like a broken record. Its slowly draining my energy but the beat of my heart just won't slow down.

It hurts. It hurts so bad i feel like dying. This is worst than when I found out about Jaejoong and Krystal playing tricks on me. No, the pain I felt that time is not at par with what I'm feeling right now. Not even close. I can't even compare this to every pain I've felt before, this is far more worst than all of them combined.

Thousands of questions keep popping inside my head. Jiyong... was that really you? Are you the one behind that voice? Were you just playing with my heart? But why? Did I do something wrong to you?

My train of thoughts came to a halt when someone suddenly knocks on the door. I intentionally locked it when I came here to freshen up a bit before going back to work. I hurriedly turned the faucet on to wash my face with water and somehow, make me look presentable. Continuous knocks made me move faster and hastily made my way to the door to unlock it. As I pull the door open, I came face to face with my best friend looking worried as ever.

"What happened to you?" she asked before stepping inside the restroom and immediately held me in an arm's length. "Where have you been? I've been looking all over for you!" She bombarded without pausing as she checks me out.

"How did you find me here?" I simply asked, displaying an innocent face giving nothing away. I know that not telling her my situation is not right for I already promised her before that I will. I just don't want to always drag her to my problems most especially when it involves Jiyong. I don't want her to think that what he thought of him before is true, that he's not good for me. He already proven himself to her, I don't want to ruin that.

"How? I can't believe that you still don't know that I can always find you even if you hide inside a cave." She exclaimed as she plants both her hands on her waist while glaring at me.

"Hahaha. Stop acting like a mother hen Bommie-ah. You're getting scarier by the minute." I chuckled and hit her arm lightly as if nothing happened.

She didn't say a thing but instead stared at me while wearing a serious looking face. She heaved a deep sigh when she knew that I wouldn't spill the beans. When I thought that she'll finally let it go, I got startled when she abruptly pulled me into a tight embrace. I suddenly felt her body shook when she started crying. "I know it hurts, b-but please, don't forget that I'm here and will always be here for you Dara." She said in between her sobs.

With that, I hugged her back real tight like my life depends on it. I know she can feel what I feel even without saying any word. She's my best friend but we're like sisters and I'm grateful to have her. The tears that I've been holding finally streamed down my face and cried with her. I'm broken but I'm glad I still have someone to rely on like her.

-------------------------

"He said that?" Bom exclaimed as she walks back and forth in front of me. We decided to take the whole day off from work and head back with her here at their mansion.