Chapter 58: Determination

DARA'S POV

"Why can't I go?" I heard Bom asked for the nth time as she paid me yet another glance while driving.

"Bom, can you please concentrate on driving? I don't want to die at this state. Not until I found him." I said irritably as I focused my gaze back on the road and tried hard to ignore her rants. She's been very persistent on accompanying me to where I plan to go right now but I repeatedly declined even if she offered me a ride.

"Exactly my point Dara. I was the one who gave you the hint where you can find him yet you're shutting the idea of me coming with!" She blurted out, trying to make me feel guilty but that won't work either. I know she's just concerned about me but I have to do this alone.

"Nice try Bommie but still no. Can you just please give me this one? I know you're just trying to help and I really appreciate it but this is between him and me. Whatever happens after we talk, I will respect that. I won't do anything that will compromise whatever decision he will make." I said with a frown. She noticed when I heaved a deep sigh before looking at the window.

"So... are you already anticipating a negative outcome after that?" She hesitantly asked, tentatively shifting her eyes from the road to me, as if assessing me if I'm going to shed tears once again.

"I don't have a choice but to expect the worst right? I mean, I don't have the right to..."

"There you go again Dara." She cut me off immediately before I can finish what I have to say. "How can you say that you don't have a right? Of course, you have every right there is. You're his girlfriend for Christ sake. You should claim your title without hesitation Tokki!" She exclaimed, her voice rising up a notch.

I looked at her and noticed that she's already breathing heavily, as if she just went to a war or something. I didn't push my point anymore for she will be more provoked than ever. Though I understand her point. It actually makes my heart flutter for it only shows how concerned she is to me. I smiled at her and chuckled when she raised her left brow at me.

"Why? What's so funny?" She asked and stole me another glance.

"Nothing. I just realized how my best friend love me so much." I uttered and that totally changed her mood from being mad to shy.

She stifled a smile and tried to hide her blushing face. She parked the car in front of the bus terminal where I told her to drop me off. She unbuckled her seatbelt before shifting on her seat to face me. "Of course, I do. What are sisters for right?"

I nodded and smiled at her. "Yup. Thanks, Bom. Thank you for always understanding me."

"Hey, like I said. You're more than a friend to me. I just wish you'd be more open about your problems." She held my hand before looking back at me. "You're not alone Dara. You always have me to run to, don't you dare forget that." She said and ended it with a smile.

I hugged her and felt my eyes welling up once again. I always say that I wouldn't know what will happen if I don't have Bom in my life but now I know the answer. "I'm sorry for being a pain in the ass most of the time but I promise I won't hide things from you again. Thank you..."

"Good. Now, you should get out of this car because the bus won't wait for you." She reminded before breaking away from the hug. We both chuckled as I prepared myself to leave. I cracked the door open and hopped out before glancing back to her. "Take care Tokki-ah. Ring me if something happens ok? Don't be a stranger!" I heard her yelled from inside the car.

"Neh. Take care too." I said before waving my hand and watched her sped off. When I saw her turned at the corner, I started my pace towards the ticket booth where they sell tickets. I bought the next available trip before heading inside the station to wait for the bus.