Chapter 64: Escape

DARA'S POV

Checking the clock beside my bed, it says it's already 6:10 AM, ten minutes past the usual time I get out of bed to prepare. Waking up every morning has never been the same ever since that day. The day when he decided to dropped the most excruciating words on my face without hesitations, without regrets.

I pulled away from the blanket covering my body and finally decided to get up and take a shower. This has been my everyday routine. Get up, take a shower, eat breakfast, go to work or school to update them, go home and sleep. Most of the people I know may think that I somehow got over that sad part in my life because I'm finally smiling when I talk to them and the energy that was gone finally came back but they're wrong. It's still painful as if it happened just yesterday. Maybe I'm just too good of an actress because they can't tell what exactly am I feeling right now.

I went down as soon as I'm done preparing but stop midway when I heard a noise coming from the kitchen.

I saw him, his back facing me as he prepares something for breakfast. "Appa?"

He twisted his body to look back and a smile immediately crept up to his face the moment he saw it was me. "Hey, Princess. You're up so early." He greeted before placing the eggs on the plate he just finished cooking.

I looked at the table and there are so many foods lying on top of it. It seems like he really put time and effort to prepare all of these. "Appa, are you going to take some of these at your office?" I asked as I stare at the food.

"No. I cooked just for us two but you can take some to your office if you want." He said and place the eggs on the table together with the others. "Sit down and eat before it gets cold." He gestured me to sit down before taking off his apron. I noticed that he's ready for work as well. What time did he wake up to finish all of these?

He sat at the corner and me beside him. Our usual position every time we eat together which we seldom do nowadays because of his busy schedules. I'm actually surprised that he's being like this because the last time we talked, things weren't good and I know he's still mad at me because of what I did.

The tension I thought was there is gradually ebbing away when I saw him took the bowl of rice and started pouring some on my plate before placing some to his own. I took the plate of eggs and did the same by placing one on his plate before mine. That's how we usually do it and that made him smile at me. I returned it with a smile and that somehow lifted my mood thinking we're finally ok now. I started eating and enjoyed the food he prepared but noticed that he didn't move an inch and just stare at me as I eat. Both his elbows are propped above the table, his chin resting on his linked hands.

"Appa, why aren't you eating?" I asked. I suddenly felt weird as I looked at his worried eyes which he immediately hides when he saw me looking.

He smiled at me once again but it doesn't reach his eyes. "I just had coffee. I'll eat a little later, don't worry Princess." He said and gestured for me to continue.

"Are you sure? I mean, I know I eat a lot but I can't finish all these by myself." I told him and that made him chuckle as I stare at the foods in front of me.

As his laughter died down, he gave me another lingering stare before sipping on his cup once again. My brows intantly furrowed, trying to figure out what's wrong because even if he's being quiet, I know something's bothering him and whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's serious.

I stretched my arm and placed my right hand on top of his which surprised him. He looked at me, confusion written all over his face. "Appa, what's wrong?" I asked.

I stared at him as I waited for him to answer but he just heaved a deep sigh before smiling at me without reaching his ears. I finally surrendered because knowing him, He won't tell anything unless he's ready. I figured, maybe it's still because of what happened last time we talked and he just doesn't want to talk about it anymore, explaining his behavior right now.