Chapter 35: Double Date

DARA'S POV

"Thank you ma'am. Come again." The person behind the cash register said as she handed me the stuff I bought in the bookstore. I was about to go home when I remembered to buy a gift for Mrs. Kwon. Its her birthday this weekend and it has always been my habit to give her something even if its not her birthday. And i love giving her presents because though its not expensive, she's really appreciative of it. I always see her wear them even during special occasions. Jiyong is so lucky to have a mother like her.

My eyes widen when I saw the boutique where I'm suppose to buy the gift from. I went inside and started roaming around. I got excited when I saw that they have new items and most of them are on sale. I think i can buy something valuable with my budget here.

I walked further inside and saw a wide range of house decorations displayed on the shelves. But what caught my attention were the elegant looking accessory boxes displayed at the very corner.

Hmm...all of them are so nice. I leaned forward to have a better view and stared at them one by one, battling with myself what to get. "Can I help you?"

I got startled when somebody spoke behind me that I almost bumped my head on the top shelf. I straightened my back and face the person who almost caused me a bump on the head. "I'm just looking around." I said to the guy that has "Soobin" imprinted on his nameplate.

"Can I assist you then? I worked here for quite sometime now and i think i can help you with your way around here." He said and flashed a wide grin at me. Is it me or the people here are just extra accommodating?

"Oh. Is that so?" He nodded repeatedly and waited for what I'm going to say next. I took the accessory box displayed on the shelf and showed it to him. "Do you have other colors for this?"

"Of course, right this way Uhmm..." he left his words hanging as he urged me to say my name.

"Dara. The name is Dara." I said and saw him smiled again. He's kind of funny if you'll ask me.

He led me towards the back counter of the store while i followed him behind. There were new stocks still sealed and i can't help myself but feel excited. If only I have more money in my wallet, I would buy more of their items and give some to Bom and Appa. Unfortunately, I only have enough to cover my gift for Mrs. Kwon. Bom and Appa have to wait for my next allowance. Kekekek.

"Here you go!" The guy named Soobin took out all the available items and spread it on top of the counter table for me to see and boy were they plenty. My eyes ogled at each boxes as I marveled at the different designs and colors displayed in front of me. "We still have other designs at the back if you don't want any of these." He said but there's already one item I got my eyes on.

"I want that one!" My mouth let out a high pitched tone, overly excited at what I'm seeing. I pointed at the red velvet box embedded with tiny sparkling rhinestones and crystals around it which made it look simple and elegant. I took it and placed it on top of my palm as I stared at it like its the most beautiful thing in the world. "How much for this?" I asked, not cutting my gaze off the thing.

"Its only cheap. You can have it for only 150,000 won." The smile on my face instantly faded as my eyes almost popped out of its sockets the moment i heard him say the price. What kind of items do they sell in this place? I'm not buying the whole store, just the box for pete sake!

"That much?! But I don't have that much money." I frowned feeling dejected. I will really feel awfully sad if I won't be able to buy this but the only money I have here is my two weeks allowance. And if i spend it all, I won't have money left to survive this week and the following week. Oh Gosh, I won't be surprised if one of these days, i'll become one of the beggars sitting on the park asking for alms.