Chapter 39: She's back

DARA'S POV

Ok. Breath in...breath out...breath in...breath out.

"Ms. Park, we're here." I heard the driver informed me from the front seat for the nth time.

"Ok. Just a minute ahjussi." I answered. I need to collect myself first before going in there. I feel like I'm going inside a battlefield without any weapons to carry. Wait, I do have a weapon with me and that is...this! I raised the paperbag in the air like an idiot and stared at my poor gift for Mrs. Kwon. Geez, its not even wrapped in a presentable bag. How can I give this to her later?

What shall I do first? Oh! Send Appa a message. That's right. I immediately pulled my phone inside my purse and typed in a message saying I'm already here. I waited for his reply but a few minutes already passed and he's still not responding. Maybe he's busy or something. I looked at my watch and it's already thirty minutes past seven. I checked the people coming in the venue through the window and it looks like everyone's already inside. Only a few people and the guards were left outside. Maybe I can sneak in and try looking for Appa. Ok, that sounds like a good plan.

I opened the door of the car and was greeted by the driver standing beside the car. He pulled the door wide open and helped me get out like a gentleman that he is. "Thank you." I said to him and bowed a little.

"It's ok Ms. Park." He answered politely. He gestured me towards the entrance of the venue and before I could turn around and leave, i heard him said something which finally helped me relax. "You look beautiful tonight Ms. Park. Don't worry. You can do it. Fighting!"

I was taken aback when he brought his fist up in the air to encourage me. I chuckled at his cuteness and nodded my head. I think it's one of Bom's instructions to him earlier before we left. That somehow ease the stress building up inside me. With my purse on my right and the weapon, i mean gift, on my left, i started walking towards the main entrance of the venue.

I saw the guards looked towards my direction as I got nearer. "Good evening Ma'am. Invitation please." One of them asked. Bummer, I forgot to get it from Appa.

"Uhmm, you see... I don't have it with me but..." I tried to reason out but the other guard standing next to him rudely cut me off.

"I'm sorry Ma'am but no invitation, strictly no entry." He said with full authority.

"What? But I'm invited here. I just don't have the invitation."

"Again, we're sorry. If we let you in, then it'll be..." he wasn't able to finish what he has to say when a man wearing the same suit as them suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Ms. Dara? What are you doing here? Mr. Park has been looking all over for you." The guy said. If I'm not mistaken, he looks familiar.

"I...was late but I already sent him a message telling him I'm already here." I told him and gazed at the guards who now looked bewildered, suddenly stood uneasy on their spots.

The guy narrowed his eyes at the guards, eyebrows knitted together as he planted his hands on his waist. "Are they giving you a hard time?" He asked me pertaining to the two guards and that made them looked down, feeling ashamed of what they did.

"No, not at all. They're just doing their job the right way." I told him. I think he's their superior judging by how they act. I saw relief flooded their faces upon hearing what I just said.

"That's good then." He said and shifted his gaze back to me. "You may enter now Ms. Dara. Mr. Park is at the back hallway talking to his other men. He's waiting for you." He informed me and I just nodded in response. My eyes landed at the guards and saw them mouthed thank you to me as I passed through them. I just returned it with a smile.