Chapter 68: Saving What's Left

DARA's POV

"One order of Tteokbokki on table 5!" I shouted as I stood by the counter where the orders are being shoved from the inside. I know it's just been a week since Appa and I moved here but I feel like I'm already part of the crew or team as what I want to call it.

Everyone has been very helpful to me when I started to work as a full-time waitress. Aunt Thelma sometimes scolded me when I'm being so "hardworking". That's what she told me at least but I think I'm just doing what we came here for. To give her an extra hand on her business. Plus, it will help me a lot to get everything out of my head. Well, you know what I'm saying. Even JARVIS can't kick the memories out of my nutshell so better do something about it.

"One Tteokbokki and Kimchi Fried Rice for Table 10." Mr. Jimmy placed the plates on the counter and damn they smell good.

"OMG. They look yummy!"

"Of course, dear. Anything for the customers." He replied as I took the plates and placed them on top of the tray.

"Yeah, because they are the heart of this business." I heard Mrs. Eun-Jung commented from the kitchen.

"Too bad because for me, it'll be you." Mr. Jimmy made a super sweet response that made Mrs. Eun-Jung smile. They've been married for 10 yrs now and it's really a  surprise that the sweetness between them never fades.

"Awww, I hope I can find someone who will love me and remain sweet even if we're together for 10 years." Seo-Yeon suddenly popped out of nowhere from behind. She's hugging the food tray while looking at the couple inside the kitchen.

I chuckled at her and tapped her shoulder. "Don't worry. You'll find your Mr. Right."

She whipped her head towards me while wearing a sad face. "But the question is When Dara? I mean, I've been waiting my whole life for him." She said while pouting her lips.

"Maybe you don't have to wait anymore. Maybe he's just around the corner. You really don't have to look. Who knows? Maybe he's just right in front of you." I told her while looking at the direction where Min-Jun is standing while cleaning one of the tables."

She followed where my eyes are and did the same stare I was doing. "What? You mean him?" I just shrugged my shoulders and gave her a wink. I started carrying the food that I'm supposed to deliver before the customers get angry. "Wait, Dara. Don't leave..."

"One Kimchi Fried Rice! Just the way you like it, Sir." I carefully placed the plate on top of the table and smiled at the man who's wearing a black hat and black coat. I can't really see his face because his hat is covering it while he's facing down. He doesn't answer though so I decided to leave him alone. I turned around and was about to head towards Table 5 when I heard him say something.

"Thanks, Ms. Dara."

That caught my ears. I span around to look at him but regretted doing so because upon turning, someone was actually walking behind me causing my tray to topple all over the floor. That created a loud crash and earned the attention of almost all the customers inside the restaurant.

"Oh My God! My Tteokbokki!" I immediately crouched down and tried gathering the broken plate on the floor, the food splattered everywhere.

"I'm sorry Miss. I didn't see you." I heard the man who's responsible for this mess say as he crouched down to help me.

I took the tray and started gathering the broken pieces of the plates on the floor not bothering to look up. My gosh. What will Aunt Thelma think of me because of this?

"Wait... Dara? Is that you?"

I froze. That voice.

"Dara..." I closed my eyes, praying that a different person is calling my name right now. "Dara..."