Chapter 36: One step closer

DARA'S POV

"I'm sorry." I heard Donghae spoke beside me. I looked at him but his gaze was directed towards his plate, his head bowed down a little.

I put down my chopsticks and took off the table napkin placed on top of my lap before facing him. "That's ok." I told him and lightly tapped his shoulder. "That could have been worst." I chuckled and that made him turned to me.

He sighed as he brought his hand forward to put a stray of my hair and tuck it behind my ear. "I know your hurting, you don't have to hide it from me Dara."

I was taken aback with what he said. How did he know? Am I too obvious?

"Yes you are." He answered my unspoken question. Now he's a mind reader? "And I'm not a mind reader Dara."

My eyes widened as I looked at him in horror. "How did you..."

"It shows in your face." He chuckled before he continued. "You're really easy to read. I don't know why Jiyong can't. He's an idiot I tell you." He commented as he placed his table napkin on the table as well and called the waiter for the bill.

I sighed. If what he's saying were true, that means he can already tell what's been running inside my mind. That's totally embarrassing. "Are you ready to go?" I heard him asked as i saw the food already packed inside a bag for take out.

"Yeah let's go." I answered as both of us head for the exit.

He insisted on sending me home since he told me that his house in on the way. I didn't argue anymore, I don't have the energy to do so, instead, I kept quiet for the whole ride. Donghae on the other hand kept his silence too. If he can read my mind through my face like he said he can, then he probably sensed that I don't want to talk about what happened back in the restaurant.

We arrived at the Kwon's mansion in less than an hour. I told him to park just outside the gate. He assisted me on going out since I've got lots of stuff to carry. "Here, this is for you." He said and gave me the paperbag of the leftovers we ate in the restaurant. "Those aren't leftovers. I ordered extra for you to take home."

"What? When did you do that?" I asked.

"When you were busy looking at the waitress jotting down my orders. You look funny by the way" he chuckled and copied how I looked. This guy is really gonna get it I tell you.

"Stop that! You're not funny!" I said and smack his arm repeatedly.

He lifted both his arms up in surrender and thats the only time I stopped hitting him. Hmp! Serves him right.

"Just eat those foods ok? You didn't eat back in the restaurant. I don't want you becoming thin when you're with me." He said and that made me blush. He smiled at my reaction and I immediately looked away. He ruffled my hair and he gave me a quick peck on my cheek making me speechless as ever! "Goodnight Dara!" He said and strode towards his car before speeding away. I didn't had a chance to reply. That jerk stole a kiss from me. Argg! Wait till I see you in school.

-------------
3rd PERSON'S POV

A girl knocked three times before she heard her boss's muffled voice from the inside permitting her to come in. She peeked between the gap of the door and leaned forward to have a better view of her boss. It's always understood that every time the day ends, she will give her boss an update to all their pending transactions left undone and give reminders of their itinerary for the following day.

"... and Mr. Takahashi was very pleased with the presentations done by our sales team, they already want to sign a contract with us."