Chapter 51: The Kiss

DARA'S POV

"Kiko..." I whispered, too quiet that only I can hear.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Jiyong spoke beside me. I shifted my gaze back at him and all I can see is his glaring face directed to her.

My eyes shifted back to Kiko but her eyes was only focused on our intertwined hands. I tried to pull my hand away from Jiyong's grasp but instead of letting go, his grip only tightened more.

"W-what is the m-meaning of this?" She finally spoke in a stuttering manner, too different from her normal self that I know. She looked at Jiyong with her wary eyes, her hands were visibly shaking. "A-are you two...."

She wasn't done with her question yet but Jiyong already cut her off. "Yes. We are. Now, if you'll excuse us, we're tired and need to rest. You need to go home too." He said dismissively and started his pace towards the gate pulling me with him.

"Jiyong, wait!" Both of us got startled when Kiko abruptly ran towards us and pulled Jiyong's arm causing him to face her. "You can't be together. Don't do this Jiyong. I...I can't let you do this to me. We're suppose to be together, not that b*tch!" She spattered as she pointed her finger at me but Jiyong immediately swatted her hand away.

Jiyong's eyes got even darker as she glared at her causing her to step back. "I told you not to talk to her that way!" He muttered between gritted teeth. He let go of my hand and stepped forward. He grabbed Kiko's arm a little too harshly that made her winced in pain. "I warned you didn't I? I pulled all the patience in my entire system to keep up with your nasty attitude because despite everything that you've done, I still care for you as my sister. What part of it can't you understand?"

"B-but I don't want that. I... I want us to be more than that Jiyong." Kiko struggled as she tried to pry his grip off of her arm. Her eyes started to moist as tears are now threatening to fall.

My feet immediately moved on it's own accord and stepped in between them. I removed Jiyong's hand to free Kiko who's now looking scared, tears finally streaming down her face. "Jiyong, stop it. You're hurting her." I reprimanded and looked at him in the eyes. His expression finally softened as he heaved a deep sigh to calm himself down.

He stepped back and combed his hair with his fingers, frustration eating him up. After calming himself, he faced her again and this time, his voice toned down, anger slowly ebbing away. "I'm telling you this one last time Kiko, there's no future for us. Dara is the one that I love and nobody can change that. Stick it up to that head of yours. Don't let me lose the remaining respect I have for you Kiko. I mean it." He said to her and that made her tears rolled down her eyes. I know I should be happy with what I heard, but seeing other people hurting because of me makes me feel otherwise.

Kiko bowed her head to cover her face but failed miserably. I went to her side and was about to touch her shoulder when she hastily swatted it away, glaring at me in the process. "This is all your fault Dara." She grunted as she locked her gaze on me. "I'll make sure you'll pay for this and I promise you....it's not gonna be easy." He threatened. With that, he finally turned around and headed back to her car leaving the two of us standing by the gate. We watched as he drove off and sped away.

"Are you ok?" I heard Jiyong asked beside me. I looked into his eyes and all I see is a face full of worry. I just nodded my head in response. He then pulled me in a tight embrace and ran his hand on my back to help me calm down.

"Hey, I should be the one asking you that." I said before slightly pulling away, still not letting go from the hug. He nodded his head as well and smiled at me but it doesn't reached his eyes. "Something's bothering you. What is it?"