Chapter 40: Leaving Truth Behind

3RD PERSON'S POV

"Y-yejin..."

She made a step forward to see him clearly. "How are you Jin-Young?" She asked in a very calming voice as she gauges him.

"I-is it really y-you? Am I dreaming? Is it really you Yejin?" Jin-young repeatedly asked her as he stared at her long lost wife standing in front of her.

Yejin nodded her head and smiled at him. She's been waiting so long for this moment to come. From the time she left them until the day she will come back. "It's me."

Jin-young didn't waste any moment as he hurriedly went to her and hugged her tight. So tight that it almost took her breath away. Not long after, she returned his gesture as she circled her arms around his waist. Holding him longingly that even without a word, it shows how much she missed him.

"I missed you so much." She heard him say and felt his body shook. She tried to pull herself away to look at him but he didn't let her. She knows he's crying but he doesn't want her to see it. She smiled for he still hasn't changed even for a long time.

"I missed you too." She answered and she felt him stiffen.

Jin-young dried his tears before pulling himself from the hug. "Then why did you go away? Why did you leave us without saying a word?" He asked her and stared at her eyes.

"I wish I could tell you the reason but...now is not the right time." She answered and stepped away from him.

"What do you mean?"

"Jin-young...please."

"Ok..ok. I'm not going to ask anymore. What's important is that, you're back. Our family will finally be complete again." Jin-young excitedly said as he stepped forward to hold Yejin's hand but to his dismay, she gradually pulled it away.

Yejin looked into his eyes now wearing a different expression. It's the face that she wears whenever she's dealing with business. Cold and non-committal, her face giving nothing away. "I'm not here for that."

"W-what? What do you..."

"I'm here for Dara."

"Why? Want to you want from her?!" His face looked alarmed the moment she heard Dara's name.

"I need her to come with me."

"What?!" Jin-young shouted that surprised Yejin. "You're going to take her away from me? You left us Yejin, and now you want our daughter to come with you?!"

"It's for her own good. I...I will take care of her and promise to give her a good life."

"Are you telling me that I'm not giving her the life that she deserves? Now I'm being a bad father, is that it? Because last time I checked you're the one who left us to live a luxurious life you always had that you knew I can't give." He chuckled and stared at her straight into her eyes. "You're no different from your selfish father."

A loud sound was heard that echoed around the room when she abruptly slapped him across his face. Yejin couldn't take it anymore. What he said hurt her to the deepest core of her heart. She can't believe that her own husband would think of her that way and even compared her to her father who she truly hates. Her eyes began to well up but she tried her best to control her emotions. She doesn't want to appear weak in front of him. No, atleast not this time.