Chapter 26: The Pageant (Part 1)

YOUNGBAE'S POV

She really looks beautiful. Even without putting some makeup on, her beauty outshines everyone else. We went out of the room the moment the organizers announced that the show is about to start. I glanced at her one last time but my heart sank when i saw Jiyong walked over to her and pinched her cheek. I know he likes her and him being harsh on her is his only way to cover up his feelings. I'm not dumb not to notice that, he's just so stupid not to admit. But even if i tried to stop myself  from liking her, i just can't. I'm trying hard to keep my distance for the past weeks and see if i can move on and forget about my feelings for her and to give way to my best friend who's being stubborn. But the more i pulled myself back, the more i found myself looking at her from a distance.

I heaved a deep sigh and just look away. Unfortunately, I bumped myself to someone when I wasn't looking.

"Oh, I'm sorry Young Master Youngbae." The girl instantly apologized when i regained my balance. I looked at her and recognized who she was.

"Sulli?"

Her eyes brighten up the moment I mentioned her name. "Y-Yes its m-me." She stuttered.

"I didn't know you're studying here." I told her as she began to look nervous.

"Oh. I'm a scholar here." She said and smiled at me awkwardly. This is what Dara's been telling me about.

"Oh. That's nice. And goodluck with the pageant too." I simply said and that made her grin widely as her smile reached her ears. I just chuckled and left her. What a wierd girl.

----------
DARA'S POV

We all lined up here in the backstage as the organizers gave their final instructions to all of us. I'm so nervous right now and my palms are getting sweaty. I caught a glimpse of the audience a while ago and my heart stomped harder when i saw that the whole auditorium was packed with students not only here but from outside the university. I prayed that somehow God will spare me from embarrassing myself.

"Ok people! Good luck and have fun!" The president of the student council cheered and finally walked out to take care of the stage.

Ok Dara. Just remember what the girls taught you and you'll be fine. I kept nodding my head like an idiot to boost myself. My heart started to pound when i heard the emcee greeted the audience.

"Goodluck slum girl, coz your gonna need it." Krystal said and flipped her hair as she looked forward in front of the stage. I heard the others laugh at what she said. Tsk, laugh all you want. I don't care anymore. I just want to get this over with and done.

The stage curtains slowly opened and the music started to resonate around the place. The emcee shouted the start of the program as she introduced the participants. All of us walked out towards the stage, simultaneously coming from both sides, girls from the left and boys on the right. Each pair will have to meet in the middle and fetch their partner before going in front to greet the audience. I was the last person in our group to come out and hearing the others say their introductions makes me want to hurl because of anxiousness. When its my turn, i fixed myself first before walking out from the backstage. This is it. Oh God. Please help me.

---------
BOM'S POV

We all sat in the audience after we went to Dara in the backstage. I'm excited and even if the pageant hasn't started yet, I'm already proud of my best friend for coming out of her shell. I mean, look how far she'd become.